PDA

View Full Version : Excited

RBellamy
02-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I am so excited about this coming year. This will be my first year in business, I am a little nervous too. I will be doing some direct marketing and going door to door handing out my door hangers and connecting to as many people as possible.

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum, you guys and gals are a wealth of knowledge. I am hoping this will be a good year to start. I am not expecting to be to large, I would be happy with 20 regular clients a week.

Thanks once again.

Ryan.

ProCut TM
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Door to door is a great way to get new accounts. I print my own flyers and staple a business card and rubber band to them. This makes it very easy to attach them to the door of the potential client. Never just roll it up and throw it in the driveway, this is littering not advertising.

Also keep an eye on craig's list for other businesses selling off accounts.
Talk to other lawn guys in your area, you never know when they might throw work your way, or you might need them to help you out sometime.

Start a myspace, facebook, etc..... for your business as-well, these are all free so it is worth it. I've gotten a few good accounts this way.

Best of luck for your inaugural season in lawn care.

Cheers,

John

Steve
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Congrats Ryan! Great job!

Talk to other lawn guys in your area, you never know when they might throw work your way, or you might need them to help you out sometime.

Have you ever run into a situation like that? What happened?

ProCut TM
02-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Steve,

I had a guy who's mower broke down, so he had me cut half his route one week. It was a nice little extra bump of cash, and really help us both out.
I also had a guy cut for me one week last March after a motorcycle wreck I had that tore my knee up.
Also I gotten accounts handed to me from other guys from time to time.

It pays to be nice, there is plenty of grass for all of us.

John

Steve
02-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Also I gotten accounts handed to me from other guys from time to time.

WOW! What was the situation behind that? Were they getting out of the business? I bet a lot of others would like to get accounts in their area like this.