PDA

View Full Version : New To This

DriftbitsZ
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey whats up everybody, Im new to this, new to owning a website, ( Littlejoshlandscaping.com ) and having my own Business which is Little Josh Landscaping.

I hope i get a lot of useful help from here and also Being im about to be 21 iv been wanting to own my own landscaping company since my first mow at age 10,

I hope many of my customers take me seriuos, and being the economy is in a HarDship, It also makes me optimistic.

But all is well, just waiting on clients ;)

Steve
02-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing to attract new customers?

DriftbitsZ
02-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Iv looked at some of your Templates,

And designed my own, Had my Dad help me By giving me Flyers, Door Hangers, and Business card to his Freind that Does Custom Printing,

He also Wraped my trailer with my Info,Its a Open top not enclosed (I WISH.)

Also along side my Flyers i have Discounts,

So Far my Start up Price has Been a good 100 dollars, The Printing is being done Free, the trailer was givin to me aswell. At my dads school they gave me the oppurtunity to advertise my Business aswell.

Im in the Process of Registering so everything is Legit,
My dad works for the IRS and works for my mom, and runs his own Photography Business. LOL and goes to college for Film, and Broadcasting.

Steve
02-03-2010, 11:17 PM
WOW! That is a lot of stuff going on! That is great!

What is next on your plan?

DriftbitsZ
02-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Well my next thing is to hurry up and wait lol, I want to hit residents by myself and a little help, until i grow a good back bone, The area i live in is fairly good area, Large Lawns, so i hope we grow,

Then Hit commercial later on, I also dont want to be just a local company, i want to expand.

Steve
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Well my next thing is to hurry up and wait lol, I want to hit residents by myself and a little help, until i grow a good back bone,

What do you feel worries you about all of it?

DriftbitsZ
02-05-2010, 02:29 AM
What worries me the Most is that i dont want to be overwhelmed with work and have little to no help,

I want my Busniess to grow, So iv set a Percentage for the company and My pay, which is 60-40. 40% being my pay.

So if i have 35 Customers at a flate rate of $25 per week.

1customer at $25wkly=$100mnt

35customerX100=$3500

60%=$2100 Company
40%=$1400 Me

Which i hope is Perrty good?

Being all my work is Residental and i hope my Jobs are thight!

I could manage?

Any other expenses for the company I would get it from the account and write it off in my taxes, ( depending On What it is )
I had a Fellow call me about marketing on google and Dex
Also he implied he worked for a landscaping company before and was talking about all sorts of number or permits you needed to do Commercial
He said it would take me 4-5 years Before any commercial jobs woulf look at me becuase you had to have at a Min 4 yrs experience to do commercial
Not sure if what he said was true but he was very helpful.
For now Im happy with doing Residental.

BladeRunnerLC04
02-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Sounds like with your Dads help you are going to grow fast which is awesome!

I would just be careful with your take home for paying yourself. It is going to get hard for you to take a paycheck due to all of the expenses. Do you plan on running out of a house or eventually get a shop and an office?

Steve
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM
What worries me the Most is that i dont want to be overwhelmed with work and have little to no help,

Do you feel that makes you want to hold back with your marketing? That maybe if you market too much, you will get too many customers and not be able to do all the work?

DriftbitsZ
02-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Well Calls Dont bother me beucase once we know we can choose whom we want to pick, we pick out of Who knows how many possible clients!
Marketing is never enough the more we do the better the chance we'll always stay busy.
One way iv been going about it, is make routes from whom called me split it between me and the the crew.
So where not overwhelmed. we just choose those homes who are thight. close to each other so we cut drive time down and profit more by the hour.

So holding back in Marketing is a Big NO NO, being scared impowers me to do even more!!

Yes i plan On running my buisness from my Home Office, Being we can use that in our taxes!

Steve
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
So holding back in Marketing is a Big NO NO, being scared impowers me to do even more!!

What other issues do you feel scare you in business and how do you deal with them?

I bet others reading this go through the same thing and could use your advice.