PDA

View Full Version : Grassyus Seniors!!!

NEWCUTTER88
02-03-2010, 12:18 AM
New To The Forum. Finally Got The Planets To Line Up To The Possibility Of Going On My Own. I Have No Idea Where To Start. I Find That Nothing Happens Unless You Start To Move. That Led Me Here So At Least Im Jumping In With My Eyes Closed. So Ive Started The Gopher School Course. Ive Learned A Lot In The First 8 Lessons. I Know There Is So Much More To Learn, But This Is Exactly What Lights My Fire. So May I Ask A First Question. Does My Mower Have To Have A Striper To Get Jobs. It Seems That People Expect To Have Some Fancy Crop Circle Designer Lines Laid Across Their High End Dreamscapes. Hey Thats A Good Name For A Company. I Know Its Been Done So That Leads Me To Another Question. So Many Landscapers So Little Words To Desrcibe Us. Can The Same Name Be Registered In The Same State. How Does This Work?

CHEESE2009
02-03-2010, 02:53 AM
You don't need to do any stripes in order to gain clients, it's just something some companies like to add for a little touch. It looks really good, though it isn't required.

Just focus on mowing, trimming, & blowing all the loose debris back into your customers lawn.

Actually, not a lot of companies even bother to use a blower to clean up the mess of grass clippings from customers driveways & walkways etc.

So if you've got the basics, including a hand held blower, you are ahead of most competition.

To get ahead of all of your competition, you need to listen to this every morning:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ-h_l1WfRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ-h_l1WfRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve
02-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Can The Same Name Be Registered In The Same State. How Does This Work?

As far as I know, if you register your business as a dba in the county court house, you can't have any other business in that county with the same name. But that doesnt stop a business in the next county over from having the same name.

If you register a corp with the state, no other corp in that state can have the same name.

However I think there are other issues that factor in. The best thing you can do is to try and pick an original name that is not being used. It will save you any hassles in the future of having to defend it.