PDA

View Full Version : New member - Need website help

rockchalk
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey everyone. I am gearing up for my third season of business and I am looking to spend some money on a website. I already have the domain name and I can upload a website at any time. I was thinking of having a site designed and paying extra to have it search engine optimized. I was wondering if other forum members have seen increased business from there website? Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

Steve, thanks for this great website. I have gotten so much valuable information from it!

SprinklerRepair
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM
By far the most effective and cost effective site you can set up would be a Word Press. You can add "About Us" or "Services" or any other type of page you want, with photos, video, testimonials, etc.

You can upload the file to your server just like HTML.

The beauty of Word Press is the ease of constantly adding content. To make a new page (lets say you just added landscape lighting to your services) you just click "new page" and meta tag it using the free SEO plugin. So, your URL reads:
YourSite.com/Augusta-GA-Landscape-Lighting/Landscape-Lighting-Contractors-Augusta-Georgia[/

Think that's an optimized URL?

For lawn care specific website optimization just go to Lawn Business and DIY

Steve
02-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Hey everyone. I am gearing up for my third season of business and I am looking to spend some money on a website. I already have the domain name and I can upload a website at any time. I was thinking of having a site designed and paying extra to have it search engine optimized. I was wondering if other forum members have seen increased business from there website? Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

Welcome to our forum and you are very welcome :)

Craig is really good at the seo stuff. He knows a lot about it.

SEO is a great thing for your website.

What kinds of things have you been doing thus far to promote your lawn care business? What was making you think it was time to do more with your website?

rockchalk
02-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the information on the website optimization. I started out by putting ads in local newspapers and craigslist. My best customers came from referals or from my work on other properties. The reason I am moving towards putting more into my website is because the quality of customers from the newspapers and craigslist is not very good in my opinion. I was curious if others have had success getting customers from there websites?

CC

ProCut TM
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
honestly I get more from my myspace and facebook accounts than I do from my website.

I made the web site myself with iWeb on my MAC
and host it via my .MAC account ($100 per year comes with a lot of stuff besides hosting)

www.procutturfmanagement.com

check it out

Steve
02-05-2010, 12:08 AM
honestly I get more from my myspace and facebook accounts than I do from my website.

What advice do you have for using those sites to the best they can be used?

How should one network through them?

ProCut TM
02-05-2010, 07:42 AM
With myspace you can search an area based on distance from you for people. I use this option, and friend request everyone in my area. I add a few people every time I'm online. Become a friend on myspace http://www.myspace.com/procutturfmanagement

With facebook you can create a fan page for your business and keep people updated. Become a fan of ProCut http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Petersburg-FL/ProCut-Turf-Management/411938455511?ref=sgm

I also know of some people using twitter for business (but I have not).

while online stay positive and just be nice!

ritchiem
02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the forums rockchalk. I receive about 50% of my leads/new clients from my website. It is worth the marketing dollars to have a nice site done up and put in place some proper SEO. And then stay on top of it!

If you have any more specific questions ask away.

Steve
02-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I started out by putting ads in local newspapers and craigslist. My best customers came from referals or from my work on other properties. The reason I am moving towards putting more into my website is because the quality of customers from the newspapers and craigslist is not very good in my opinion.

This is very interesting!

How have you found the customers to differ?

Has anyone else found this to be the case too? Why do you feel that the best customers come from those seeking your website out vs those from craigslist etc?