PDA

View Full Version : New Member

arnoldlandscaping
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Hello from Arnold Landscaping to all the other companies and small business's out there. We are out of Atlanta Georgia, we have been in business for a little over a year now and expanding. Business is slow and there is a lot of competition here. Probably not the best place to start a lawn care service. We do commercial, residential, and HOA lawns. We are certified, licensed, and insured. I hope this tells you a little bit about us. And any further questions or comments please feel free to reply.

Arnold Landscaping
" A Better Lawn at A Better Price."

Steve
02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Welcome to our forum Arnold!

You have a great motto there.

What initially got you to want to start your own lawn care business?

What kinds of things have you been do to market your business?

arnoldlandscaping
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
What drove me to start my business was the want to be successful, as everyone has hopes and dreams of doing. This business is a very competitive business and very fast paced when you get the accounts. As far as marketing my business I have had a lot of success on word of mouth, you do a good job and take your time, and everyone else can see the care in the job. A lot of people want to get in and get out quick, and that's not everything. I as a business owner I LOVE to go above and beyond the call of duty because I enjoy what I do and I enjoy having a happy customer. Another thing that has worked is having my trailer lettered. Some companies have a lot of just "stuff" lettered on there trailers and such. The customer really likes to see things that POP, a good way to draw people to look at things is to basically seduce peoples eyes. This way they really get a good look. I have also had success on flyers and business cards. But most of all its all the sales pitch, draw the customer in make them feel like there king. Because in the end they are your boss.

Steve
02-03-2010, 04:56 AM
Some companies have a lot of just "stuff" lettered on there trailers and such. The customer really likes to see things that POP

So would you suggest a less is more kind of sign on your trailer? What do you think is ideal? Also what helps make a trailer sign pop?

arnoldlandscaping
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I do not want to give away all my ideas, and thoughts but yes I would say a less is more, when it comes to words. A way to make things pop would be like contrasting colors and such. Make it like a T.V. commercial.

Steve
02-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Knowing what you know now, if you could redo a trailer from scratch, what would be your ideal trailer now? What would you do to it to customize it?