PDA

View Full Version : 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN Thread

adamchrap
02-01-2010, 12:29 AM
First I would like to introduce myself and tell you a little about us. My name is Adam Chrapowicki, I am the President of Vegetation Control Co of NE OH. Vegetation control Company has been running a lawn care and landscaping business in northeast Ohio since 1996. Vegetation Control also runs the lawn care provider service 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN. Until 2009 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN was only used locally by our DBA Chrapowicki Farm Complete Property Maintenance. We always wanted to offer this unique number to the rest of the country and new technology has finally allowed us to do so cost effectively.

What is 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN?

1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN is a subscription based service for lawn care and landscaping providers

How does it work?

The concept is very simple, the number is easily remembered. A prospective customer is driving down the road and sees your billboard, yard sign truck or hears your radio advertisement. What are they more likely to remember, 330-674-2305 or 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN? Sure they may remember your business name then look you up in the phone book. But what they will also find in the phone book is hundreds of your competitors.
When the prospective customer dials 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN they will arrive at a prompt asking for their zip code. Once entered the call is routed to the phone number of the business that subscribes to that zip code. Only one business can subscribe to each zip code so your territory is exclusive.

Why would this help my business?

The lawn care and landscaping business is highly competitive. You need grab the prospective customers attention with your advertising!
Here are some statistics about 1-800 Vanity numbers:
Ads featuring a 1-800 vanity number generate a higher response rate - 30% or more by modest estimates.
In a television campaign test of 1-800-PRODIGY versus the numeric equivalent, Prodigy Internet received 25% more response from their vanity number over a 24-hour time period.
90% of consumers say that they use toll free numbers on a regular basis.
Vanity 800 numbers improve consumer recall rates in visual aids by up to 84% and yield a recall rate nine times higher than recall in broadcast ads versus numeric toll free numbers.
58% of magazine ads contain a vanity phone number, with 82% of those using the 800 prefix.
In a Chicago Tribune study on advertising, it was discovered that advertisers using 1-800 vanity phone numbers were getting ten times the amount of calls as those advertising with a local phone number.
72% of billboards that contain a telephone number feature a toll free vanity number.
In a national survey, 91% of respondents said they prefer a 1-800 prefix over 1-888 because 1-800 is easier to remember and people reflexively dial the 800 prefix even when calling another toll free exchange.
94% of consumers recognize '800' as toll free, compared with just 55% who recognize 866, 56% that recognize 877 and 70% that recognize 888 as toll free exchanges.

Quick Facts:
In otherwise identical radio ads, the use of 1-800-NEW WHEELS increased response rates by 14 times compared to the use of a numeric toll free number.
A Chicago Tribune advertising study found that newspaper advertisers using a 1-800 vanity number were getting 10 times the number of responses to those advertising with a local numeric phone number.
Sources: Individuals, Inc; PR Newswire; Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions; Response Marketing Group; Michael J. Motto Advertising; Strategic Telemedia; inter800.com; The Chicago Tribune

What does it cost?

We offer a great service at a great value.
1-10 zip codes is $9.99 each
Over 10 is $4.99 each
Example:
Three zip codes is $29.97 per month
Twelve zip codes is $109.88 per month

Still not sure if it is worth it? You have nothing to lose.

We offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you commit to trying 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN for one year and at the end of that year you wish to discontinue our service we will give you back 100% of your money!

If you would like more information please e-mail
Sales@1800MowMyLawn.com
Or call 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN and select option 2 at the main prompt.

Steve
02-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Hi Adam,

I am glad to see you are offering some structure for those interested in it.

Who would be ideal for this kind of service? Is it better for someone that is considering just now to get started or is it better if you have been in business for a while and are looking for an added jolt to push you forwards?

Also, do you provide them with business support for questions they have about running their business?

adamchrap
02-01-2010, 07:31 AM
The great thing is this works for a start up or for a established business.
We have providers that run 10 trucks and service 200 zip codes and we have providers that have 1 truck and service 3 zip codes. The only thing we require is that you have a minimum of 1 Million in liability Ins.
WE don't formally offer business support but I have been helping some providers with marketing ideas and general business questions.
WE will be opening our provider store this week hopefully. It will have truck graphics, magnet sets, fliers, yard signs and more will be added often.
We also now offer voice mail that will kick in if you do not answer and then e-mail you a mp3 to your smart phone for $14.99 per month.

Steve
02-01-2010, 01:37 PM
That is very interesting!

Over time, it would be fantastic if you were able to put together some kind of operator's manual that could help all your business members with the basics.

adamchrap
02-01-2010, 09:19 PM
We have had a lot of providers ask about marketing materials.
We are happy to announce that our provider web store is now open!
It isn't flashy and some of the materials may not work for everyone.
It is a challenge to make marketing materials that will work for many companies with various services and backgrounds.
Remember we do not require that our providers buy materials from us, they are still free to have marketing material made themselves.

Steve
02-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Great job! Keep it going!

Sprinkler Buddy
06-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Great idea, money in the bank for all parties.

Steve
06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
What a great example of why you shouldn't use such numbers and companies. The website is down and it looks like the company is out of business.

brian'slawncare
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM
is this thing legit?

thom
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
What a great example of why you shouldn't use such numbers and companies. The website is down and it looks like the company is out of business.

yup, I thought that might happen.
I wonder why?

Check out
http://www.lawncaredirectory.com/statedirectory.php?state=Ohio

I am listed there, even after I cancelled my membership.

Hedgemaster
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
What's funny is that a spammer bumped this thread in the morning.

Wasn't there another "CUT MY GRASS" phone number thread? I recall debating the practicality of such a thing.

dpld
06-30-2012, 08:13 AM
it went by way of the OP's last name chrap.