PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm

swstout
01-30-2010, 03:00 PM
This is supposed to last for another 8-10 hours. Really surprised I still have power.

Steve

SuperiorPower
01-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Keep it! lol

swstout
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Boy, I wish I had the equipment and knowhow to handle tree removal. The combination of ice and high winds have toppled Pine trees everywhere. If I had the equipment and equipment to move them, I probably could keep busy for a month!

Steve

psparaco
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
yea keep it. all the weather guys kept saying. maryland isnt getting snow. just virginia and on south. but i kept looking at the radar and warned everyone we'd get some. it started snowing at 10am and its still snowing now. no snow huh. weather men your fired lol. well i got 5 contracts lined up for tomrorow for snow removal with a few more to peg before i goto bed.

Steve
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Boy, I wish I had the equipment and knowhow to handle tree removal. The combination of ice and high winds have toppled Pine trees everywhere. If I had the equipment and equipment to move them, I probably could keep busy for a month!

What if you had a chain saw, you could at least chop up downed trees? That could help you get a foot in the door to offer more services later?

swstout
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
What if you had a chain saw, you could at least chop up downed trees? That could help you get a foot in the door to offer more services later?

I have a chain saw! What i don't have is the knowledge and experience to tackle the job safely. There are trees on houses, cars, etc. I'm not worried about hurting myself; I let common sense rule my projects. I'm worried about hurting someone else or making a bad situation worse. Without equipment to stabalize the trees properly, I'll let someone else do it.

I do plan on watching and learning though.

Steve

Steve
01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I can understand. I would be concerned about all that weight when cutting. How it would slide or shift or do any further damage.

If you read up on this, keep us posted on what you might start to offer.