PDA

View Full Version : (Florida) Property Management Co's Opinons

swampfox
01-28-2010, 06:48 AM
What are your opinons on working with property management companys (pro's & con's)?

Steve
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
From what we have seen on here it seems the benefits are that you get a lot of work at one location but the down side is they really can be focused on pricing and the amount of work spent at such jobs may not pay you as much as an equivalent amount of residential customers.

cklandscapingorlando
01-28-2010, 07:45 PM
It also depends on the company. One like Concord has deep pockets and will pay for every thing. They also own alot of stuff all over the country so alot of growth potential. Now you got others that you wont see anything but trouble from. They want every thing for free and have very little work for you

Steve
01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Are you able to feel out situations with these companies when you meet them and at times find certain ones are going to be problems?

If you get that feeling when talking with them, how do you handle it?

What should a newer lawn care business owner be looking for as signs of future problems when they are talking to a property management company?

cklandscapingorlando
01-29-2010, 05:06 AM
It can be hard to tell. They can talk like their great. If the dont have irragation or the place just looks real bad maybe. Are all the trees trimmed. Things like that. But then you have to wonder if it's the low pay or a bad contractor that has the place looking like that

Steve
01-29-2010, 07:40 PM
So at times, ultimately you won't know for sure until you actually start working for them to see how the whole process goes?

Have you ever been working for such a company and realize a short time in that you want out and want nothing to do with them? What's the best way to handle this?

Gotalgae
03-19-2010, 10:14 AM
It also depends on the company. One like Concord has deep pockets and will pay for every thing. They also own alot of stuff all over the country so alot of growth potential. Now you got others that you wont see anything but trouble from. They want every thing for free and have very little work for you

I began by offering pressure washing services to short term property management companies. Some are truly great and thankful. Some others want you to destroy your prices so they can mark up 100%. Had a guy expect me to clean 12 big driveways spread all over osceola/polk county for the equivalent of $6 an hour. Not worth the wear and tear on my equipment. I said no.

Steve
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
I began by offering pressure washing services to short term property management companies.

What are short term property management companies?

And from here do you try to scale it up? How do you do that once you find a company you can work with?