PDA

View Full Version : Stepfathers Birthday HELP!!!!!

CHEESE2009
01-27-2010, 08:09 PM
My stepfathers birthday is soon, I think some day this week.

He will be turning 65 years old, though he is a Newfie & they tend to last forever without dying, his mother is probably the oldest lady in the world by now.

The thing is, he's wealthy, he has money coming out of everywhere. He already has everything he wants basically.

He is a fisherman, golfer, business type of guy.

I can't get him golfing stuff, it's been done so much, along with the fishing stuff.

Here is the catch, at dinner one night with the family he told all of us this story.

"An ice burg had floated into the towns shore so a little boy went down to it & chipped some ice off into a bucket so that his father could have ice burg ice for his drinks back at home"

I thought that it was very original & somewhat thoughtful, but then we all laughed at how stupid that boy was, & said, "we can go get you some ice right now that's forming off the gutters"

So as usual, my family will be going to a Chinese restaurant (the same one we all go to for that past ... forever).

It's annoying & I have told everyone I am not going, we can do BETTER!

It is HIS birthday however, but I just can't go due to the fact the world revolves around me, LOL just kidding.

No, the people at his work will be coming, & you have no idea how much I dislike them. They are all zombie lab technicians & pharmacists who praise me as if I'm god, when really I'm just their bosses "son".

I have them all come up to me & say the weirdest things to get on my good side.

ANYWAY, so instead of going, I will probably do some shopping.

Does anyone have any idea on what to buy a guy who does nothing but work 6am - 7pm every day including weekends?

A man who goes golfing on days off, fishing trips?

He's not into technology, doesn't use a computer, cell phone, anything. In fact my mother does everything for him that involves tech.

I can't do anything for him lol.. gift certificates don't work either!!!! He basically has gift certificates to everything in town. I HAVE NO IDEA HOWWW!!!!

I remember when he got his Dodge truck, I was with him & he said "oh that truck looks nice"

we drive in, he takes it for a test drive, signs papers... hands the guy a wad of cash & we drive it home the next day, paid for.

How can I figure out what to get him?

It sucks to say, but you guys know him just as well as I do, LOL!

FloridaBoy
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
:DHole in the wall bar and a STRIP CLUB:cool:

Just a suggestion, LOL

CHEESE2009
01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH YEAHHHHH MANNN!!!!

My stepfather & I have agreed for awhile that strip clubs are overrated, too expensive just for a tease.

*cough*

I think I'll go check one out during the weekend, just to make sure.

$40.00 entrance fee, get a frisk & get your cell phone taken away until u leave...

You sit down & watch strippers & wonder how you can make that $40.00 count, & the beers cost $10.00 each.

LOL.

FloridaBoy
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
So its settled, you go check a few of them out, let us know. Pick one out for stepfather, and go for it.

Worst case , your wife is pissed, stepfather pissed, you spent a SH*T load of money.:(

But you got to see some....:eek: well maybe a little to much for this site, haha.

Going to strip club is like gambling, if you are worried where the money is going , then don't go.:cool:

Steve
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Does anyone have any idea on what to buy a guy who does nothing but work 6am - 7pm every day including weekends?

How about something like this? A gas powered fan.

You can take it outside or inside. Hang out with him and throw things into the back of it and laugh as it's shot out the front.

You may need to take the protective grill off, those things are so stupid anyways.

LOL

http://www.machzero.com/images/machzero_30fan.jpg

fieroboi
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
I have quite a few Newfie friends, and although they are all a different kettle of fish than most of my other friends, I would get something original. Go with something like the "ice bucket" .... would be an interesting addition to the story, especially if you could make a comment about it saying how long it took you to find the boy and buy the bucket off of him!!!!

Lloyd
Blue's YardFX
Camrose, Alberta

CHEESE2009
01-28-2010, 02:50 AM
I have quite a few Newfie friends, and although they are all a different kettle of fish than most of my other friends, I would get something original. Go with something like the "ice bucket" .... would be an interesting addition to the story, especially if you could make a comment about it saying how long it took you to find the boy and buy the bucket off of him!!!!

Lloyd
Blue's YardFX
Camrose, Alberta

Hahahahaha! I love it!

I'll fill it with ice & in the bottom I should put a dead fish from the store... LOL, sick....

CHEESE2009
01-28-2010, 02:52 AM
How about something like this? A gas powered fan.

You can take it outside or inside. Hang out with him and throw things into the back of it and laugh as it's shot out the front.

You may need to take the protective grill off, those things are so stupid anyways.

LOL, Steve, I'm not kidding. I actually did that when I was younger, loads of fun!

My friend & I tossed all my lego into it, trying to see who came out with the most marks on our skin. too funny.

Fans actually tested my fear. electric ones actually... I put my arm in one for the sake of it, and it stopped! I still have my arm!!! WOOOO!!!

Steve
01-28-2010, 03:01 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oB-5DlAiC7o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oB-5DlAiC7o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CHEESE2009
01-28-2010, 03:53 AM
That made my day.. well... 4am...

I had fun just watching it lol.