PDA

View Full Version : Flyer

calvinslawnservice
01-26-2010, 11:35 PM
I plan on distributing this flyer. I would like opinions on this. Thank you in advance.

CHEESE2009
01-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Service where “Your lawn is my business,” we take care of everything for you.

should be "Service where “Your lawn is our business,” we take care of everything for you."

Cut outs block the text behind them...

You have 10% off, but what's "up to $100.00 off?"

All customers get 5% off

should be "Prepaying customers receive 5% off"

I would also try to center your contact information.

Maybe, "spend time with the family"

Also think about if those are the only services you would like to offer, once the flyers out, it's embarrassing (for me anyways) to send an updated one out later.

Why not "Fall Cleanups" / "Leaf Removal"

It's similar to lawn maintenance, & you can rake in a lot of dough!

Hedge/Shrub trimming $$$$

I realize you put, "and many more" though it's hard to decide what the potential customers would like to see on the flyer.

PERSONAL TIP:

Instead of putting your company name in BOLD

Just try changing the font size by +1 it will look really neat & pro!

this is Calvin's Lawn Service

this is Calvin's Lawn Service

Steve
01-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Can you resave it and post it as a doc file instead of a docx file? So I can see it? Thanks!

CHEESE2009
01-27-2010, 02:06 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/boozeinsanity.jpg

I love flyer talk!

It seems as if we can never get it perfect. It's the only part of business I wish I didn't have to deal with, but it's there.

Great thing you don't need a translator, I had to find 4 people to translate English to French on my flyer, it took up a lot of space but overall it didn't make it worse.

Though apparently the grammar still isn't perfect, you'd think 4 french people would know how to do it, but they all gave me different forms of writing... So I gave up & printed the one that sounded the most correct.

calvinslawnservice
01-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Breeze2009, Thank you for the input, I will change it as soon as i get a chance. The only reason its "Your lawn is my business" is,because that's what I put on my business cards, so when I run out of them I will consider changing it over.

Steve, I changed the file over for you. Also I am currently listening to all your videos and podcast. They have great information.

Calvin

calvinslawnservice
01-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Here is the revised flyer with the suggestions breeze made. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Calvin

CHEESE2009
01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
If your watching Steve's videos, you should seriously check out

www.lawnchat.com

it's a wonderful little extra, where all of the most valuable information from the gopher discussion forum is stored.

lawnjunkie
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Calvin,

Keep in mind that color sells. We are drawn to look at color ads over black and white ones.
Also, if you put some customer testimonials on there from people who are happy with your work.

Good luck.

FloridaBoy
01-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Calvin.

Good ideas there Breeze.

Its a fine line on how much detail you should put on a flyer or any material you are putting out to customers or potential customers.

I like how you set exp. dates for your specials, lets them know ok here it is, grab it now before i get busy.

Good luck on those and let us know how it goes.

Steve
01-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Ugh, is it just happening to me? When I look at both flyers, all the elements are piled on top of each other at the top of the flyer.

The only reason its "Your lawn is my business" is,because that's what I put on my business cards, so when I run out of them I will consider changing it over.

Actually that might help in making the interaction seem more personable. My vs. Our. When you use the word MY, it seems like the owner really cares about my lawn. Not this nebulous 'Our' group.

calvinslawnservice
01-27-2010, 11:08 PM
I can't print color this year, I am hoping next year I will have enough money to print color. I am printing it on colored paper that I found at a previous job of mine. It is light green so I think that should make up for it.
Thank you for all your comments, I have more marketing ideas. I will post these as they gel together.

Thank You for your advice, any other comments are welcome.

Calvin

P.S. Steve I posted a screen shot, maybe that will work for you.

Steve
01-28-2010, 01:53 AM
That worked! Thanks!

I like your motto a lot!

I can picture in future marketing material you could be pointing to the camera with the slogan, 'You're lawn is my business' written underneath it.

That would be so fantastic!

The offers look good too.

Maybe at the bottom, you could keep that personal spirit going with.

"So let's get started today. Pick up the phone and call me (Calvin) and I will help you on your path to spending more time doing what you want and less time mowing the lawn."

Or something like that.