PDA

View Full Version : Knowing People

CHEESE2009
01-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty pleased about today.

Today was a dark & wet day, crummy. I decided to shave my beard yesterday which is like cutting off the head of that mythical beast that just keeps growing more necks. (the monster I believe Hercules had slayed in the Disney movie?)

Anyway, the day being so awful I decided to get a haircut, which was long overdo. The only haircut I get is, "number 2", basically they shave you almost bald.

I love doing this because every time I go to a different barber, they have to ask me if I'm serious/sure I want a number 2. Considering my hair is very long at the time, they assume I might want it cleaned up, but not scalped!

So anyway, got my haircut & made friends with the Asian lady who did it, & her Asian husband who owns the place.

I have been there a few times within a few years since it has opened, & I just recently learned that the Asian couple have bought it.

Knowing that (without being stereotypical) every Asian/Indian business owner I have known will offer to have my business cards placed in their shops.

On the same road, I have cards now in:
3 Depanures *cough* Canadian language sorry, "Convenient Stores"
(Asian, Indian, Indian)

2 Chinese Restaurants
(Asian, Asian)

2 Barber Shops
(Asian, Indian)

2 Grocery Stores
(Indian, Asian)

1 Dollar Store
(Indian)

1 Video Store
(Asian)

- I don't know if I'm throwing this out there as stereotyping, but I'm always turned down by anyone who owns a similar business who is not Asian or Indian. I suggest asking Asian or Indian store owners if you may place your marketing material in their stores.

I'm going to see about placing cards at local car washing/mechanic shops. The problem is I'm usually rejected by Caucasians, LOL.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06kIgmE5ZzaUy/610x.jpg

Steve
01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
I love doing this because every time I go to a different barber, they have to ask me if I'm serious/sure I want a number 2.

It be funny if half way through you yelled STOPPPPPPPPPPPP NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

LOL :D

How are you displaying your cards at these stores? Do you have one of those card holders or do you just lay them on the counter?

CHEESE2009
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
It be funny if half way through you yelled STOPPPPPPPPPPPP NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

LOL :D

How are you displaying your cards at these stores? Do you have one of those card holders or do you just lay them on the counter?

LOL, I'm trying to find the scene in the movie Dumb & Dumber where the guy pretends to bleed horribly at the barbers expense.

I can't find it :'(

As for my cards, a vehicle dent repair business owner said I may place my cards in with his card holder at any dep. *cough* convenient store.

I have thought about getting a card holder, but from the looks of it the dep owners kinda wanna throw these things out, I don't know if it's worthwhile.

As for my cards, I've been lucky.

At the restaurant my card is on display with FEW others, & all of them are for other restaurants (very odd) I am the only lawn service guy on there. If you went to this restaurant, you wouldn't miss my card.

Other deps have my card on a small platform, visible for those who are just leaving the store. Very nice. My cards are the only ones there.

I'll figure something out with these card holders, I am interested.

Steve
01-27-2010, 07:49 PM
LOL, I'm trying to find the scene in the movie Dumb & Dumber where the guy pretends to bleed horribly at the barbers expense.

Was it this one hahahahahha

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbDiujuv6rQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbDiujuv6rQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Have you gotten any calls from them yet? Do you have any pics of how the cards are being displayed? I'd like to see them.

CHEESE2009
01-27-2010, 08:21 PM
That's a great scene!

I actually felt relieved from watching it!

How he laughs when the tiny fart happens, hahaha!

"JUST SHAVING!!!!"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie has been brought up in quite a few posts I think...

I made another referring to their vehicle being designed as a dog because they are pet groomers.

Good movie!!!! ahahaha!