PDA

View Full Version : Hello

C&R_Lawn_Care
01-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Hello i am new to the site. My name is cody i am 21 and work two jobs.

One of them is my own small lawn Care company (hope it will take off)

i have been doing to for 3 years now and im starting to FINALY see a

increase in customers.

I run a 42" toro timecutter Z for the Res with the gates and small places and for the commericals that i do i run a 52" Toro Z master which i love.

also do snow plowing i run two trucks any ? just ask.:)

Steve
01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi Cody,

Welcome to our forum!

i have been doing to for 3 years now and im starting to FINALY see a increase in customers.

That is fantastic! I think a lot of new lawn care business owners can't wait for this to happen!

What do you feel led to this? Why do you feel you are now finally seeing an increase?

C&R_Lawn_Care
01-25-2010, 12:15 AM
i think what help me the most is giving my customers more then what they wanted and give nothing but the best service......

by me doing this i got a couple franshises this winter and now summer because of word of mowth one of my customers was a manager at one of the stores.

remember the customer is always right (i think)

Steve
01-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Since we have a lot of new business owners that read the forum here, looking back with all that you learned, what do you feel you would have done differently?

I think it is fantastic you are seeing your customer base grow, but I know there are those reading this now thinking to themselves, they won't wait 3 years for that to happen. They are also thinking they should be doing something to make it all happen right now.

I know we all want what we want and we want it now but there are things that take time.

But with all that said, what do you feel you would have done differently to attract the customers you see yourself attracting now?

C&R_Lawn_Care
01-25-2010, 12:48 PM
i think the bigest thing i would of changed is how much i new about lawn care i really started this blind .... so in other words i was a low baller

and it took me two seasons to start knoiwing this and now i no how to bid on customers propertys to be competitive NOT CHEAP

But i do not no everything i still have alot to learn

Steve
01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
WOW! So then it is possible that when you got started, you were underbidding jobs and you just weren't getting enough customers.

But it wasn't until you got out of that and started charging more that you found yourself attracting more customers and seeing your business grow?

I think that is really a good insight because so many new businesses owners think the key to getting started is lowballing.

What do you feel broke you out of that mold?