PDA

View Full Version : Gopher software vs Quickbooks

bulldogg
01-24-2010, 10:13 AM
If anyone has used either or both of these programs, I would like to know the benefits of one over the other. I am going to buy one of these but I want to make sure to get the best one for my business.

justin_time
01-24-2010, 11:44 AM
If anyone has used either or both of these programs, I would like to know the benefits of one over the other. I am going to buy one of these but I want to make sure to get the best one for my business.

You can actually sync both programs together

You use Gopher to take care of all your routes/invoices/payments and the rest that is related to lawn care/landscaping

You use Quickbooks and Gopher, sync them together and then you use Quickbooks to do all your taxes and whatever else you need to send to your bookkeeper for tax purposes

I hope i've answered your question

bulldogg
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Well that is good to know that you can sync both together, but to start out the year, I only want to buy one or the other.

Steve
01-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Gopher will handle your customer scheduling and billing while Quickbooks will handle your accounting. They each do different things.

ProCut TM
02-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Steve**- tell me more about how the scheduling and billing works with gopher.

I would like to have my billing done automatically every month. quickbooks can do this, but it cannot e-mail or print the automatically. I'm looking for more automation to free up my in office time for marketing.

also for my scheduling I have just been using iCal on my MAC which works well, how could gopher help make this even better.

edit: BTW I'm running quickbooks pro for MAC 2007

Steve
02-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I'd suggest downloading and trying it out. That way you can play around with it and see if it fits your needs.

Yard Elements
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
The gopher software is pretty huge in the green industry every time I read a book about running a lawncare/landscaping company they suggest gopher I plan to get it when I can spend the $$$. i downloaded the free version to try and it would really save me some time but right now I have more time than money LOL:)