PDA

View Full Version : lawncaredirectory

jeffery9076
01-19-2010, 09:36 AM
anyone use this site and have you got any calls off this site. They offer a package deal $99 lifetime listing on the web they say a web site but it is just a page where customers can email you and showcases what you do. any input is helpful. http://www.lawncaredirectorycom/listyourcompany.htm

The Cleaning Doctor
01-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Do a search in Google, Yahoo and Bing and see if they come up on the first page. If not then just pass.

Steve
01-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I would think with a little work, you could make your own site come up on top of the search engine results for your area.

jeffery9076
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Well your talking about a (computer idiot) here and i do not need to be sitting here anymore in front of this thing than i have to. Now my wife has made several sites before for people that i know looked and operated real good with no problems for friends. But we both do not know nothing about how to make it come up in searches just how to make a site. When the cleaning doctor says search for it on google and others. Wich i did but was i supposed to put in lawncare directory or something else :confused:(Remember i mentioned computer idiot):confused: should i try other things on searches and if i did my own website how do i get it to come up on top during searches. AND THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS SO FAR.

picframer
01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
If I were in your shoes, I would search the site outside your area, all over the map actually and contact at least 12 companies in our industry listed and ask them if the directory has worked for them, do up a nice intro letter so that they are fully aware you are not their direct competition and that you are just doing a little research before you spend the money to be listed, based on their feedback you will have the answer.

Getting ranking for your area for your website which I am assuming you have put one up isn't all that hard, have your better half download a free trial program called WebCEO, you can compare your site to the competition, key words, stop words, which search engines are crawling your site, how often, if they are not then why, you can figure it all out with this software and it's super easy for the average person to use.

jeffery9076
01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I will take the info you shared with me. My wife will use it to put me on the map or on the internet one way or a another.

Steve
01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Jeff,

Do you have a website now? Where is it currently ranking?

jeffery9076
01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I have no website just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Steve
01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Well you could use one of my free web templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7218) and upload that to your host. Then you would be online really fast. From there you could always work on making it better, but it might be easier to do this to at least get started.