PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Snow Fall in Michigan

Nikon
01-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Due to the lack of snow fall here in michigan I subcontracted out some cleanup work around large properties to pick up misc. trash wether its ads from meijers to bags, receipts. or misc garbage people don't put away in the trash can.. Well I have decided that I am making money doing this using my truck and a laborer usualy spend 5.5 to 6.5 hours doing this walking and driving around the lots and around the buidlings.. I don't know how many do commericial work but if your out cutting lawn and have the laborers there try to get this contract and knock out 2 birds with 1 stone during the season. Even though this is a full 12 month contract cleaning . I wonder what the contracts actually pay to cleanup the properties I do now.

Anyways thats just another tip for things to make money on. Not sure if its old tip or not but here it is again if it is.

I am guessing it pays good since I bill the subcontractor 30.00 an hour for myself and to pay my laborer 8.00 an hour.

My guess would be between all the properties he's probably getting 800.00 or so split between 5 or 6 properties maybe even 1200.00 a month I guess I'll never know.

As long as I get paid for now I am happy, but this is one thing I wouldn't mind having the contracts in the future.

Steve
01-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Good idea!

For those looking to do this, what steps should they take to find such sub-contract work?