PDA

View Full Version : trade or not

jeffery9076
01-16-2010, 03:24 PM
i have a four wheeler this guy wants to trade for . all i know is this is a 8 hp 24 inch snapper snowblower he says works great. anyone have a idea what year.Help finding manual. Are these junk i have no clue about snapper. The bike is probably worth 200 maybe a little more and i want it gone but want a snowblower that will be good.Anyone no how hard it is to put another new engine on these or is it not worth it

picframer
01-16-2010, 05:41 PM
i have a four wheeler this guy wants to trade for . all i know is this is a 8 hp 24 inch snapper snowblower he says works great. anyone have a idea what year.Help finding manual. Are these junk i have no clue about snapper. The bike is probably worth 200 maybe a little more and i want it gone but want a snowblower that will be good.Anyone no how hard it is to put another new engine on these or is it not worth it

One in mint condition is worth around $275.00, if it's the one in your image, personally I would walk away.

Steve
01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
How much can you sell your quad for now?

jeffery9076
01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
It needs a lot of work and i had it for sale for 8 months and have lowered it to 250 last 4 months its a 2007 leftover purchased in 2008 chinese 110cc tao tao with reverse needs at least $125 in work get it running right. I got it on ebay brand new. motor not bad frame are cheap junk if you asked me/ less than 20 hours riding. Its a money pit and i got my boy a six wheeler i am restoring now. I think now i would have a hard time getting $180 because of the economy. And everything else i see is fairly cheap now. HOwevr the guy told me later today he purchased the snowblower off a lanscaping company 2years ago . He says it works perfect does not smoke, IDLEs fine and will start second pull even a cold day. He says it was rusty when he go it and never got it painted. I think i no when a engine is good but i do not want a lawn ornament.

Steve
01-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Trades always seem to be tough to get everything even. You might be better selling it and then looking for a snow blower that you feel will last you a while and buy it.

CHEESE2009
01-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Either way, these things aren't that expensive. There is a shop not for from me that sells them for $170.00

I say, sell your 4 wheeler, make a small investment & get a commercial grade snow blower. Though you'd end up spending more, hmm.

I don't think the trade is good none the less.

If you really don't want your 4 wheeler & are looking into doing the trade, check everything on this guys snow blower.

From the looks of it, it's most likely only worth $50.00 tops.

From what a have heard, Snapper snow blowers tend to last long, but it's on the bottom of the food change compare to most brands.

jeffery9076
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I am currently waiting on a pic about a 10 hp 30"path let you know sounds like a deal. I HOPE:D

SuperiorPower
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Sorry that I have not been here to reply sooner. Unfortunately I have had some major internet issues in the past past 2 weeks.

But back to the question at hand. My first question in a case like this is, why is he selling it? And I am here to tell you, if you were buying that quad, I would tell you to figure that it is worth about nothing at all (but you already know that!). However, since you are the one selling it, my opinion is that anything you can get from it is money in your pocket. I am not telling you to trade, just saying....

Honestly, if you get anything over $180 out of the Quad, you are probably doing good.

As far as the blower, have you considered asking a local Servicing Dealer tell you how much it is worth?

jeffery9076
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
the offers i got for snowblower were not good because to old of snowblowers and i do not think i could find parts for them without searching for months. and your right probably could not sell them blowers for $100. thanks for input waiting for more trade offers if someone says six wheeler that quads gone seeyah

Steve
01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Keep us posted on how it all works out.