PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Pages

picframer
01-15-2010, 09:20 AM
There has been some talk about advertising in the Yellow Pages but as we know, it's crazy expensive.

One of my University employees is on a work term with them at the moment, he calls me yesterday and says hey Andy, did you know you are entitled to one free yellow pages print listing for your company in our book and one free online? I said but I use cellular, he said I checked and that is fine, what do you want to be put under.

Now this is Canada but I would assume it's the same in the states, in any event it's worth you calling, free advertising will never hurt your business and it can be a selling tool as you can say, "We are listed in the Yellow Pages under xxxxx"

Steve
01-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Why do you think they are giving a free one liner away like that? Is it because they are hurting for content or what's your view?

picframer
01-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Why do you think they are giving a free one liner away like that? Is it because they are hurting for content or what's your view?

Not at all I guess it's always been that way but they don't advertise it as they really want to sell you a larger ad.

I know some things the Yellow Pages are about to announce and our friend a few months back that was pushing google slam or something and saying the Yellow Pages were dying, well what they are about to do is going to really shock the market, it will put them back on the map, no question in my mind.

They were not dying, for goodness sakes they are worth millions, they were simply studying the market for their next move, testing the ideas and now they are ready to roll it out.

Steve
01-15-2010, 08:05 PM
well what they are about to do is going to really shock the market, it will put them back on the map, no question in my mind.

What are they up to next? What do you feel will shock the market?

picframer
01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
What are they up to next? What do you feel will shock the market?

I would get an employee of mine in a lot of trouble, I suspect he wasn't even authorized to tell me but this is a work term through the University and he will be coming back to work for me at the end of the University year. I am pretty tight with all my employees and even though they are away at University now, we talk or exchange emails at least every two to three days, and that is every one of the 16 that worked for me last summer.

Steve
01-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Well this sounds exciting! As soon as you can break the news, give us the low down :)