PDA

View Full Version : to be legal

jeffery9076
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi my name is jeff have not been on for a while. I live in pa around the state college area penn state college for who not familiar. This is the year i want to start a lawncare service and i need to know what i need legaly to start biz license, and what is the deal with the numbers on the truck and how much does this cost is this a registration. where is the best place to get insured any recomendations. I just want to get my ducks in a row so i do not have to look back and say shiot. If anyone on this site is from the pa and know the laws i would apreciate help

Steve
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Are you going to register as a (DBA) or incorporate?

As far as the truck numbers go, I am not sure. Are they pesticide license numbers? Maybe dot numbers?

jeffery9076
01-16-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.middletowntownship.org/vertical/Sites/%7BE08CD8FE-6BF2-4104-AF8F-C16770381A63%7D/uploads/%7B8EFEA113-F871-445F-AB4A-C1A67F5A2234%7D.PDF I THINK THIS IS WHAT I MEAN I AM NOT SURE. It says landscaper some exclusions. I have seen these numbers popping up on landscaper truck in my area and i think i do not need it now since i have made no previous revenue last year. I have a small nursery going with about 2000 plants mostly grasses. I sent a email to one of my state reps who has helped me out before i hope he gets back. Yes a state rep that does his job who know? I do not know yet how i am filing my biz DBA or incorporate. YOU have a great site here and i hope to contribute to it more thanks :Djeff:D

Steve
01-16-2010, 12:47 PM
From that pdf it says

Landscape contractors (some excluded activities)

LOL Why not list the excluded activities!

I bet if you are mowing, it's excluded. But I would think to be on the safe side, they would need to be contacted for further information.

Keep us posted on what you find. I am sure others are in the same boat.

jdrt09
01-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Call your local state thay will send you a PAC with all that is needed you will need retail merchants certificate and if your buying wholsale you need wholesale nursury certificate we do around here I'm in Indiana

jeffery9076
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM
THIS IS FOR THE NUMBER I HAVE SEEN ON OTHER LANDSCAPER TRUCKS, recieved info today sorry i do not have scanner anymore. has section in it MUST LANDSCAPERS REGISTER} Lanscapers whose work is limited to services performed under pennsylvanias PLANT PEST ACT do not need to register.****-However, landscapers who perform other work at private residences including, but not limited to:the placement of retaining walls,fountains or drainage systems, or the construction, replacement, installation or improvement of buildings,driveways,swimming pools,porches,garages, roofs,siding,insulation,solar energy systems, sercurity systems , flooring, patios, non decorative fences, doors, lighting systems, concrete walkways and windows must register and comply with the act. WORD FOR WORD your # MUST APPEAR ON ALL CONTRACT AND BE CLEARLY VISIBLE. IT ALSO STATES YOUR# MUST BE USED ON ALL ADVERTISEMENTS. IF YOUR VEHICLE HAS YOUR ADVERTISEMENTS AND FALL IN ABOVE CATAGORIES YOU MUST DISPLAY YOUR # MY STATE REP SENT THIS TO ME I THINK MOWING AND TRIMMING I AM GOOD WITH OUT REGISTERING TILL I START DOING FENCES AND MORE. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AM I IN THE CLEAR FOR NOW I THINK IT SAID $50 DOLLARS REGISTRATION GOOD FOR 2 YEARS.

Steve
01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
I think it comes down to if you just mow, you don't need to register. But if you do any kind of construction on the property, you do.