PDA

View Full Version : Is the economy slowing?

Steve
06-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Do you find the economy is going steady, growing or slowing down?

Why so?

Small businesses see slowing growth (http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/13/smbusiness/economy_forecast.reut/index.htm) - The decline came on the back of a reduction in job openings and capital spending plans, and an increase in the number of small-business owners "who believe business conditions will be worse in six months than they are now," the report said.

Fifty-six percent of small business owners hired or tried to hire one or more workers in May. However, of that total 84 percent of these owners reported few or no qualified applicants for the positions they were trying to fill.

tiedeman
06-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I think that it has been slow for the last 8-12 months. I noticed it slowing down around July/August of last year. Then after Katrina I feel that it hit rock bottom. That is just my opinion though.

With high interest rates, extremely high fuel prices, increase in the cost of products, and with the minimum wage raising, it's just going to get worse.

Steve
06-15-2006, 09:06 PM
How do you think things will effect you and the industry if the federal government raises interest rates again?

tiedeman
06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Very bad!!!!

I think the economy will tank BIG time if the rates are raised again. They are going at this too fast too quick. They need to take their time and let people just their feet back on the ground before they pull the rug out again.