PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Mowing Issues

FloridaBoy
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Ok, i was replying to a post just a minute ago and and made a comment about falling asleep while mowing on a ztr.

So, that leads me to put it out there to all you people, whats the worst, craziest, or oh damn i can't believe that just happened:eek:..... while mowing experience.

So lets see what stories you have. Maybe we can bring some fun and laughing to these cold winter days.:D

cklandscapingorlando
01-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I was mowing an apartment complex right at the bed line. Some one had left about 4in a stunp sticking out that was covered by the tips of a viburnum. I hit that thing wide open and went over the handle bars. That one hurt.

Another guy was just learning how to use a walkbehind. He did the famous one hand slip annd it got loose. Instead of just letting go so it would shut off he ended up jacking the rear of a new VW up off the ground.

CHEESE2009
01-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Nothing, I am a professional.

HAHA, kidding!

Normally when I mow, all I'm able to do is think. Basically subconsciously I am mowing, & I'm able to think of the usual random thoughts.

This one time I just thought too hard, & ended up mowing my customers house, & her neighbors lol.

I just kept going, & never realized it until I got the whippersnipper out.

I wonder what I was thinking about? hmmm.

Another thing is gates... Sometimes you can open them, but sometimes they are insanely hard to get closed.

Some you have to kinda lift & snug it back into the locking mechanism because it's so worn out. Well. I broke one gate by trying to save myself some time, I just slammed it really hard behind me hoping it would solve all my problems...

Nope... I was there 20+ minutes with a screwdriver & hammer fixing it.

ANOTHER time, another gate.... I'm used to grabbing the top of gates with my hand as I head for the front yard after I'm done with the blower. This one gate didn't have room for my hand once I went to close it, there was a top part of the gate that sliced my hand, a very squishy situation. I have 2 scars from that!

I fart more during the warmer seasons, only because I can get away with it... The mower engine blocks out the sound, & the fresh cut grass sweetens the scent ;)

Though getting used to it is hard NOT to do, I was out at the video rental store farting in the isles without realizing what is acceptable, hahaha!

FloridaBoy
01-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Hell yeah those are great. Breeze you nailed it right on the head, let it rip

while mowing, only time when it is a problem is when wind is coming from

your back and blowing faster than you are moving,( damn, that one stunk ):o

I thought there would be more responses to this. Ok, heres my thought, if you

havn't messed up or done something silly, or zoned out on a mower, you

need more work, or need to work harder,:p

I have a another good one, will put it out there when i see a couple more people own up to messin up. HAHA:cool: