PDA

View Full Version : new old kid needs new website

gclawn
01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum, have had weed control service for 20 yrs. Desperately need to replace my funky old website,but don't want to spend a fortune. Looking through templates, none are what I'm looking for. Would like the lawn theme but with pictures of families, kids, dogs as the main feature instead of grass, hedges, houses, etc. Any suggesstions?

picframer
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum, have had weed control service for 20 yrs. Desperately need to replace my funky old website,but don't want to spend a fortune. Looking through templates, none are what I'm looking for. Would like the lawn theme but with pictures of families, kids, dogs as the main feature instead of grass, hedges, houses, etc. Any suggesstions?

I personally use Host Papa and they are great, all my emails come through to my Blackberry which has brought in enough business to pay for the site for years to come.

It takes some playing around, once you get your own business URL then download a free program called Web CEO and see how and what key words the comp is doing in your area.

I did everything myself but in previous career's always had computer folks around so I knew how to get results, I am over 12,000 hits since April and growing, it generates a lot of interest as I have first page or am in the top three of every key word I chose, it's important to keep the site up to date with new information to keep your ranking.

Good Luck.

Andy

picframer
01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Sorry, my website is www.oakridgeyardcare.ca I forgot to include that:)

Steve
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Maybe there are some green industry themed website templates for wordpress.org? You could use the blog software as a base for your website and it would keep it nice and structured.

Any thoughts on that?