PDA

View Full Version : Steve. Re: Calculators / Estimators

dexter
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Steve,

Here’s a suggestion. What about those people who not only mow, but do hedge cutting as well. As you know, pricing can be a nightmare and sometimes it can be a hit or miss especially when the client wants a complete maintenance job done! Do you think this might help others? :D

Mower Man
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM
this would be very helpful!

turfmaster
01-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Steve,

Here’s a suggestion. What about those people who not only mow, but do hedge cutting as well. As you know, pricing can be a nightmare and sometimes it can be a hit or miss especially when the client wants a complete maintenance job done! Do you think this might help others? :D

The calculators are a great place to start however I think experience is still your best gage as far as property maintenance. If you know your operating costs and you have done this type of work before you should be able to look at a property and estimate it fairly close.

If you are a newbie to the biz, Practice on your own property, a neighbors or family members property to get a feel for time before you go out estimating.

Steve
01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
What about those people who not only mow, but do hedge cutting as well. As you know, pricing can be a nightmare and sometimes it can be a hit or miss especially when the client wants a complete maintenance job done! Do you think this might help others?

Ideally, how would a calculator help you with this? What would you like to be able to enter?

dexter
01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Steve, I was thnking of the new people starting up. I know when I started up it was just guess work until I eventually got it right.

As for what would you like to be able to enter? I guess the vertical dimension etc etc.

It was just a thought!

Steve
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I know when I started up it was just guess work until I eventually got it right.

Do you have any advice for others just starting out and trying to get their hedge bidding jobs under control?

What mistakes do you think you made on this that you were able to learn and grow from?

XtreemGreen
01-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Hedges are hard to bid on...I dont like them and try to stay away from...But Im good at manicuring (sp?) them..

I always just go by the size of them.. How long, How tall and How deep they are..If a ladder is needed, is help needed, Haul away or mulch them up..Then guess how much time is going to involved and X's by $60 per hour..

Hope that helps some...

Steve
01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Is there a part of hedge bidding that is really easy to underbid? Like for instance if they are tall hedges or too big or whatever?