PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all...

scottmacmac
01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Hello I'am scottmacmac. I don't have lawn care bis but I'am thinking about starting one up. I lost my job in 08 and I want to be my own boss. I'am in the northeast and I'd like to get started when spring comes. So, any info on how to start lawn care bis from scratch would be greatly appreciated. I already have basic tools to mowing,weeding,edging,grass blowing.

thanks

Steve
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Scott,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you considered getting some business cards made up and start handing them out to people you know and meet in your area?

scottmacmac
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try. I know you can get 250 business cards at vistaprint. What about contracts with your customers? I mean what if they don't like your work then there kinda stuck with you no. Do customers like contracts if you do good work they should keep you around any way. Well i'am not sure on the local business laws but if I can get away without dealing with them. Or maybe I just don't know the real meanning of a contract.

thanks

Steve
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I think a lot of newer lawn care business owners start without contracts at first for all the reasons you just stated. Later on as they go, they may want to institute them to make sure everyone knows what they are getting and are in agreement with it.