PDA

View Full Version : Property management question

bigdad
01-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Im sorry if this doesnt fit in this catagory, if it doesnt please move it to where it belongs.

My company in used to working with banks and taking care of their foreclosures. We are getting ready to expand and offer lawncare. We are located in kansas city and have hooked up with a property management company and they would like us to also bid to be there handymen and fix things for there tenants. Does anyone know how to bid these type of services or know of any resources that I can look up to figure out how to bid for them.

Thanks,
Alex

Steve
01-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi Alex,

I would think the best way to go about it would be to know what your overhead is and then create a cost per hour you must charge to cover your costs and profit a certain %.

How do they want you to submit a bid? When the jobs vary and there is no schedule for when things will break. Can you just submit a per hour rate?

bigdad
01-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Im not sure exactly what they want. Im just trying to get a head start before we have our sit down meeting to discuss which properties they want us to bid. So do you think the best way to go about it would be to charge $X for materials then an hourly rate? Around this area for a handyman to come out would be $30/hour with a $100 minimum.

Steve
01-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes. I think that will allow you to get your feet wet in this. Later you can add a mark up to materials and maybe charge more per man hour, but at least this way you get get yourself started. From there you can grow.

Keep us posted on how everything goes.