PDA

View Full Version : Promoting your business

swstout
01-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Does anyone have tips, experience, comments about using Social Networking to promote their business?

How much time is involved?

How would you go about promoting your business using Social Networking?

Any resources?

Steve

Steve
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I think you could potentially spend as much time as you have to promote yourself through online social networks. One of the things you might want to experiment with is create a twitter account and have your blogs be sent to your twitter site and to your other sites like facebook and myspace.

There are plugins to do this on the word press site.

That can help you get the word out more about your site and business. But you don't have to duplicate your entries on these different sites and spend the time doing it.

swstout
01-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I think you could potentially spend as much time as you have to promote yourself through online social networks. One of the things you might want to experiment with is create a twitter account and have your blogs be sent to your twitter site and to your other sites like facebook and myspace.

There are plugins to do this on the word press site.

That can help you get the word out more about your site and business. But you don't have to duplicate your entries on these different sites and spend the time doing it.

Thank you very much! I will search the plug ins on Word Press.

I don't have a video camera. Can I post to the sites without videos? Say with Microsoft Movie Maker or Powerpoint?
Until recently, I hadn't even considered social networks and am very clueless about what and how!

Steve

Steve
01-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't have a video camera. Can I post to the sites without videos?

You don't need any videos to be able to post to the sites. It's all text based.

Keep me posted on how all this goes.

swstout
01-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Everything I read on youTube indicated that all posts are video. I'll have to check it out more.

Steve

CHEESE2009
01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Does anyone have tips, experience, comments about using Social Networking to promote their business?

How much time is involved?

How would you go about promoting your business using Social Networking?

Any resources?

Steve

I was interested in fooling around with advertising on Facebook.com, though I knew it would be silly. It doesn't cost much, but the set up is amazing.

I just can't see many people bothering with a link to lawn service on Facebook.com.

What would be cool is to contact the owner of a highly visited neighborhood website, & pay to post an ad banner where it can be seen. That's how many websites are functioning today, kind of like sponsoring... or not really lol.

I suck with online, I'm surprised I found this site. I just typed GRASS STUFF or something in youtube lol.

Craigslist is probably better advertising than most sites anyway.

There is Kijiji.com and all of these other sites. In Montreal we are swamped with neat sites, though I can't post on them because I can't figure out how to use them (it's all French) lol.

OH and I suggest giving it a shot with Microsoft Movie Maker. It's so simple & easy to use. Drag & drop tools.

The key is finding a place to put your videos, your website for sure.

Steve
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
With the Facebook site, I am guessing you can find others that live in your area. Maybe you can set up some community events club or something that would appeal to local friends you make online.

Then you could have updates of things they would be interested in knowing about.

Maybe they will be interested in knowing more about property care? Who knows?

It's worth experimenting with.

When you only have so much time in your day to apply to your marketing, I guess you need to make a determination what brings you better results, marketing online through social network sites or marketing person to person in your local area.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this as to the pros and cons of marketing online vs marketing in person?

XtreemGreen
01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I just started on Twitter tonight... I still do not know what the point of twitter is... Its like a blog system without the toys...Facebook is nice..Its more of a family and friend finder with lots of games to play...Im not sure what twitter would do as far as something to market with as I dont really understand it...

Like the Breeze said... Craigslist is probably your best bet with Marketing without spending any money...A business website that has good search ranking would be good also...

I think a decent website with a blog added would be good... Thats next on the agenda for me..

Chad

Oh and WMM is easy a cooking mac and cheese...Just make sure your camera is compatible with Vista and Windows 7

Steve
01-09-2010, 03:21 AM
What is your twitter site so we can all add you? mine is http://www.twitter.com/gopherhaul