PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

rn899
12-31-2009, 09:04 AM
i am new just starting a lawn care bussiness. anyone that can help me with estimating and contracts would help me get on the right track

Jimbo MD
12-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey Buddy, Here is the best advice that was given to me about contracts.
1. Have a business lawyer write your contracts for you. They understand your business and can write it correctly.
2.In my state of MD, it's illegal to write a contract without a home improvement license. Meaning if you if you go to court looking for payment, your not gonna get it.
3.Get a good accountant, they know all this.
4. As far as estimating jobs, your probally not gonna get any more than any one else in your area. If you can offer some additional services to each visit for the same price, that will definatly separate you from the other guy. Example : Free gutter cleaning with annual contract, weed removal in all sidewalks, curbs and patio's. Basically anything to get you on that street and own that street.
Hope this helps, if you got any other questions, just ask, I'm sure a made just about every mistake out there.
Jimbo

Steve
12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi rn899,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you experimented with the online business estimators and calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) yet?

What got you interested in starting your lawn care business?

if you got any other questions, just ask, I'm sure a made just about every mistake out there.

Do any early mistakes you made stand out to you? Which pitfalls do you think it really important new business owners avoid?

arthur712
01-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the forum!