PDA

View Full Version : Hello... is more like a "Comeback"!

Nandoboom
12-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Steve, thanks for all the great information you have in this website! keep up the good job!

COMEBACK!... this will be my 4th season in the Lawn Care Business, and feel embarrased cuz i've been very lazy on NOT working to expand my business, :(( i have the same houses for like a year and a half! -well this is my part time job) so I've come back for some motivation!
Reading all this posts, succesful storys gets me pump up!:D

Clean-Cut Lawn Service of Brevard County.
Fernando Armijo.

Steve
12-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi Fernando,

Welcome back!

This is very interesting because I think many business owners get into a slump.

What do you feel led to you not expanding your business? What factors were a part of that and what are some of your plans to expand this year?

Nandoboom
01-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Hi Fernando,

Welcome back!

This is very interesting because I think many business owners get into a slump.

What do you feel led to you not expanding your business?

I can start by saying that my full time job schedule vary almost every week, this leads to not be able to make future plans. I just go with the flow, improvise a little. ...im a new employee this last year, so im trying to be as reliable as I can and work my way up in the ladder, once Im settle I can talk to my boss and arrenged my time/days.

What factors were a part of that and what are some of your plans to expand this year?

This year im planing to go Full time in Lawn Care, and maybe have my other job as a part-time, just for the insurance, and back up. i dont mind working hard!
I go around 60hrs/week ;)

Steve
01-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I think a lot of newer lawn care business owners have full time jobs, they are trying to move on from.

What advice do you have for those trying to do the same thing you are doing?

What is the best way to go about running for your business full time vs working full time at a job?

Nandoboom
01-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I think a lot of newer lawn care business owners have full time jobs, they are trying to move on from.
What advice do you have for those trying to do the same thing you are doing?
What is the best way to go about running for your business full time vs working full time at a job?

Well, first off, IS NOT EASY!, lol! work long hours i.e. 7am-3pm then 4pm-11pm but the money is good! and the more you work the less dinero you would spend! lol! - keeps you busy!... I dont know about others, but in my case I would like to stay with my current job because of the benefits and taxes.

I was working tow full time jobs before starting my lawn care business, so im kinda used to it, plus im young and now have a family to support. (2mths old baby boy)

so, keep your full time job, till you make enough dinero in lawns to go part time. DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!, stay part time, till you are REALLY convinced you can support your family and have a steady income from your business.

..ok, have to go.... If I missed somthing let me know.

Ciao, Buenas Noches.

Steve
01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
The thing I wonder is, when a person has a fulltime job or even a part time job, is there more of an inclination to not push their own business as much? Will they tend to sit back more and realize that they are still getting paid through their job so why bother putting more energy into their business?

If so, how does one combat that and get past that?

arthur712
01-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Nandoboom
01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
The thing I wonder is, when a person has a fulltime job or even a part time job, is there more of an inclination to not push their own business as much? Will they tend to sit back more and realize that they are still getting paid through their job so why bother putting more energy into their business?

with a fulltime job I feel that I can grow my business at my own pace, Also the feeling of "I have to make this much $$$ to survive" is not there. I prefer growing slowly but surely, theres no rush, if I grow too fast i might loose control over my clients and money... on the other side im not slaking, or "just going with the flow", because working two jobs for the rest of my life is no my goal, im always looking to expand my business.

Will they tend to sit back more and realize that they are still getting paid through their job so why bother putting more energy into their business?

I kinda did this last season... to be honest, in my case this is wat just happend to me this past year. but after reflecting wat I did, and didnt and could have accomplished in 2009, I am writing down new resolutions for 2010!

on other note: same case with the ritered people (we have a couple of LCO here), I wonder if they feel the same, since they dont have to go after every house in the area, they have an steady income, and much less bills to pay, and no kids to feed... unless they spoil theyre grandkids, lol.

If so, how does one combat that and get past that?
I dont know wat to say, since im in the process.......

Nandoboom
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Artie, or say neighbor... I live in cocoa, Fl too.

Steve
01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Do you ever wonder how much of it comes down to which do you enjoy better, the job or the business?

The one you enjoy better, you might focus on more.

But even more than that, finding something you LOVE to do, where you have this driving passion for it. How many of us ever find something we really love to do?

Or does it just come down to the best choice between two evils? Or two things we would really rather not do?

Nandoboom
01-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I decided to go for the Lawn Care Business because I like working outdoors.
working in a dead end job, doing the same, making the same dinero, at the end I got bored...then trying to move up in the company my boss was trying to put "traps" in my way, talking "dirt" in the way I work to Hes superiors. I felt like my own boss was triyng to NOT let me grow! gacho!
I guess some people are not happy when other succeed.

Im not going to say names, or places, because I have learn a lot from it, and I feel greatful about it.

So, Im my own boss, my rules, i call the shots, less stress, like griving around... pretty much happy with wat im doing.

Steve
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I felt like my own boss was triyng to NOT let me grow! gacho!
I guess some people are not happy when other succeed.

Isnt that something? It's human nature. People want to see you get by, but not by them.

The thing I wonder is, are customers the same way? Do they want to see you are doing ok but not good or great and if you are, they will try to derail you?