PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

FRANK1973
12-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm Frank, And I Would Like To Know The Best Way's To Advertise When Just Getting Started. Also How Do You Calculate The What You Hourly Rate Should Be To Enter In Calculators, Or Is It The Cost Of Doing Business, How Ever You Put It There Has To Be A Number That You Start With To Figure Out What You Want To Make Keeping In Mind The Costs Of Equipment Replacement Or Repair. I Need To Figure Out This # And Could Use Some Help

Frank

Steve
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Frank,

Let's take these step by step.

And I Would Like To Know The Best Way's To Advertise When Just Getting Started.

Did you say you had worked in the auto sales industry, in another post? When you were working in that field, what did you find was the best way to advertise there?

FRANK1973
12-29-2009, 10:33 AM
We Used Tv Mostly, And Email Ads From Customer List, Web Site Which I Have A Web Site www.bigredslawncare.com, Could Use Someone To Review It For Advise

Steve
12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Your website looks very nice! It looks like you put a lot of energy into it.

Also How Do You Calculate The What You Hourly Rate Should Be To Enter In Calculators, Or Is It The Cost Of Doing Business

It's going to be based on a number of factors. What your overhead costs are. What % of profit you can add to that, based on what your local going rate is for lawn care.

Have you played around with the business calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) yet to get a feel for what you should be charging?