PDA

View Full Version : New Look

wdcutter
12-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I have been messing with my site and gave it a new look along with some new lawn care articles while I had a little down time.

Also if you have a website and would like to exchange links with mine, let me know. Please note I will only do text links.

We do this with our craft site we have and get a bunch of traffic from it.

SuperiorPower
12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I believe I like it! Exchanging links is a great idea. If you want, you can post your link on my forum however you choose. I can also add your link to my blog. I have started following you on twitter as well.

Steve
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
That is really well put together! Do you write all the articles yourself or do you pull them in somehow with an rss feed?

wdcutter
12-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the responses, Eli I will stop over to your forum and sign up and add my link. I added a link to your forum to my site as well and thanks for following my on twitter.

Steve, the articles on my blog are my own. I spend some of my off time researching for these articles and putting them together and some are simply the jobs I have done.

picframer
12-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Very, very well done.

If I may offer a suggestion for what it's worth as you do good work, before and after pics really generate interest. I noticed this especially in pressure washing, I can't believe how many people commented on our images and said if you can do that to my deck/siding, we need to talk.

Anyhow just a thought, it looks great!

Andy

Steve
12-29-2009, 09:49 AM
We have talked about writing articles on websites in the past but how important do you really think they are? Are they more important to get search engines to direct to you or will potential customers read them?

What's your view on this?

picframer
12-29-2009, 11:29 AM
We have talked about writing articles on websites in the past but how important do you really think they are? Are they more important to get search engines to direct to you or will potential customers read them?

What's your view on this?

I think personally getting the right key words is critical, I have close to 12,000 hits since April with little advertising, the site has generated significant revenue.

People like pictures, pictures on my website or pages containing them are the most visited, while I did start a blog, it doesn't see a lot of activity, people in my experience want you to come look and tell them what to do.

The exception is the various Organic products we use, these pages see a fair amount of traffic.

Steve
12-30-2009, 09:42 AM
I think personally getting the right key words is critical

When trying to get the right key words, do you feel it just comes down to using your town name and then lawn care after it? Or is that a very limited view on what should be done? Should the key words be expanded from that?

picframer
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
When trying to get the right key words, do you feel it just comes down to using your town name and then lawn care after it? Or is that a very limited view on what should be done? Should the key words be expanded from that?

Possibly, I down loaded a program then asked it what key words my competition was using, I included them but I have the key words on various pages, submitted my site to all the engines and within 30 days I had taken over every business in our city.

SuperiorPower
12-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Possibly, I down loaded a program then asked it what key words my competition was using, I included them but I have the key words on various pages, submitted my site to all the engines and within 30 days I had taken over every business in our city.

Interesting. So do you mind me asking what program you downloaded? lol

picframer
12-31-2009, 06:08 AM
Interesting. So do you mind me asking what program you downloaded? lol

It's called SEO

Here is the link and there is a trial which gives you more than enough time to get the ranking

http://www.webceo.com/

Steve
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM

Andy,

You are so advanced with so many things, it makes my head spin!

This makes me think of the google analytics service google offers for free. I haven't played too much with it, but can't it help you see what keywords your customers are using to find you on the internet and then you can fine tune your page to either increase those words or decrease others?

Have you experimented much with that?