PDA

View Full Version : Had a car accident

CHEESE2009
12-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I went for a drive with my friend to Ontario, fishtailed on the highway on the way back to Montreal this morning.

Lesson learned, don't drive a vehicle without 4WD in Canada. :D

Don't go into Justin's territory, or I will die.

I'm used to driving the truck with 4WD, but my friend borrowed a car which was a complete piece of crap, "Sunfire", but better on gas. My friend doesn't know how to drive, so that's why I had to, for 9 hours straight. My knuckles were white, my feet were cramped. I took my hand off the wheel and felt a sharp pain in it, Jesus... Worst idea in a long time.

We left Montreal around 2am, got back at 11am. Allllllllll highway.

5 hours of pitch black... With barely 10 feet of visibility ahead of us. Very tricky without decent high beams.

9 hours of rain, slush, & ice.... Highway plows...

After we fishtailed all over the highway, I pulled a stunt I learned awhile back from a t.v show & redirected the vehicle, just as we collided into a snow bank, nearly falling off the edge of the highway.

We were fine, other drivers weren't around at that time, so everything's good. No dents..

The reason for the accident was my friend assumed last second that our exit was a few meters away from us. Well, "his shortcut". I thought GREAT, because we're almost out of gas!

He was wrong. Not our exit anyway.

So we continued driving & I was only going 80KM/H all the way back to Montreal, pissing off every driver around us. :p:(

I drove the minimum speed because I thought one of our front tires got slashed, I felt an annoying wobble. But nope, that's just Montreal's crappy roads making us believe there is a problem with our vehicles. I had a sigh of relief knowing we were home, & put on our horrible radio station.

I believe we fishtailed because I'm a 4WD truck guy, & I was stuck driving the worst car on the planet. It has a great turn radius, sure, but the momentum of the vehicle warps with any slight movement. It can barely maneuver at 80KM/H, which is something I was not used to, I was also very fatigued... frustrated. And I had a fever lol.

If I go to Ontario again, the truck is coming. I don't care about the $ of gas. I'm bringing snacks, & will have a real destination.

Friend called & said the car actually only had 2 snow tires on... Argggg.

Disaster.

justin_time
12-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Don't go into Justin's territory, or I will die.

I'm used to driving the truck with 4WD, but my friend borrowed a car which was a complete piece of crap, "Sunfire", but better on gas. My friend doesn't know how to drive, so that's why I had to, for 9 hours straight. My knuckles were white, my feet were cramped. I took my hand off the wheel and felt a sharp pain in it, Jesus... Worst idea in a long time.

If I go to Ontario again, the truck is coming. I don't care about the $ of gas. I'm bringing snacks, & will have a real destination.

Friend called & said the car actually only had 2 snow tires on... Argggg.

Disaster.

You mean you drove for 9 hrs and you didn't come see me :eek:

Next time, try and check the weather before you leave ;)

Should come chill with me this summer haha

CHEESE2009
12-28-2009, 04:55 AM
You mean you drove for 9 hrs and you didn't come see me :eek:

Next time, try and check the weather before you leave ;)

That would have made things too easy!

Should come chill with me this summer haha

I should! We can go cut some grass & have a few beers later on!

I wonder who has actually met one another from the gopher forum????

Let's all go to Steve's house, hahahaha!

Last time was pretty good;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wBfjgKOWnGA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wBfjgKOWnGA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve
12-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I am glad you are all ok.

You got me thinking about winter accidents LOL

I remember once I had this car that I thought it would be funny to put it in reverse and ram this snow mound. I hit it and slid pretty high up it and then was able to slide back down and I thought it was sooooo funny. Until the next time I went to get gas and realized my gas tank would only take about half the gas it normally took.

I scratched my head for a moment and climbed underneath the car to find that I had collapsed the gas tank. Smooshed it to about half it's original size.

Lesson learned, don't ram snow mounds in reverse with your car.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjGapcb_aLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjGapcb_aLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>