PDA

View Full Version : 54" CC "Tank"

seabass1982
12-25-2009, 03:59 PM
What is up everybody, I have got one question!! One of my buddies has a 06 54" Cub Tank w/ nearly 400 hrs. He is asking $3500.00 for it! the mower is in good shape and runs good! But I have a bx1500 Kubota garden tractor w/ a 60" and I need a loader and some other attachments for it! My question is w/ all I have should i spend the $ on this mower or just wait and buy a new one on down the road?! And hey anything yall have to say, I'm all ears!! TICKLE it ~SEA~

Steve
12-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Can you tell us a little about what you are doing with it? Are you just getting started or have you been running your business for a while? What size lawns do you maintain?

seabass1982
12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Can you tell us a little about what you are doing with it? Are you just getting started or have you been running your business for a while? What size lawns do you maintain?

I've been in business a little over two yrs. now! But I have been performing maintence on three properties for four yrs. and hoping to pick up a few more this season! I have a kubota bx 1500 w/ a 60" but to save more time I'm thinking of a zero. The lawns that I maintain are....1/2 acre and more, I perform maintence @ my parents property as well. It's around 4 acres all together! It take around 3 1/2 hrs. to do everything!! I think a zero could cut that in half. I'm working by my self as of now in a attempt to say $. I spent a pretty penny on the kubota, but I can perform more tasks with it! I looked the zero in question over and it looks good, I just don't know if I should spend my $ on a used one or save and get a new one later down the road?! By the way THANKS for giving us a place that we can throw uor questions and comments out to others that can help and give some well placed replys!!

SuperiorPower
12-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Do you know how close that is to new price? I think it sounds like a decent price but I think I would check on the new price to see if you are really getting a good deal. As far as whether to but new or used, that is a question that in my opinion only you can answer. What is important to you? Warranty? or a lesser price for a good used machine?

Or, would you be able to get the other attachments you need to get if you bought a ZTR? Would you be able to get the attachments if you bought the used mower?

Another thing to consider is whether or not the terrain you will be mowing is conducive to using a ZTR or if it is too rough for that.

Hope this helps,
Eli