PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Insite

TBall
12-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Hello all have read alot of you post and love all the info you share. I recently learned that I may have a job that involves a large area of land that is covered by tree's and brush. My client was told the city is going to take as much as 120' of the road easement, close to mile long, and this will leave her no privacy. Plus she raises horses for a living and is afraid of people now having access to them. So if any of you would like to share any ideas of the best solution to keep the horses safe and soften the blow of all the green she is soon to loose. Thx for reading and hope to hear your ideas soon. Mr Ball

CHEESE2009
12-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Plus she raises horses for a living and is afraid of people now having access to them.

My biggest fears in order:

Sharks
Horses
My savings account

I had a bad experience with horses at my aunts barn in Ontario.

I have two little cousins show me the inside of the horses perimeter, so that I would be able to get a picture of the horses from far.

As I looked through my camera to take a picture, I could see the horses (14) getting bigger & bigger, next thing I know they are 30 feet away from me, running right at me.

I turned towards my cousins, who had locked me inside the perimeter, so I just ran towards the fence & did the most unbelievable jump ever over the fence & I continued to run into the barn. Then I met the stallion, this a-hole of a horse was the most evil creature I had ever seen, all it wanted was my blood to spill.

I friggen hate horses. They are too damn big & I don't trust the look in their eyes!

Anyway! I sent an email to my aunt regarding your question. Hopefully she can be of some assistance.

I will let you know what she says asap!

Steve
12-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I'd love to see a picture of the area.

I would think your solutions would be based on how much of a budget the customer is willing to spend to make the situation better.

Could you go with a fence? Some evergreens? A raised dirt berm and then trees planted on that?

Maybe transplant some of the trees that are close to the road, further back?

TBall
12-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Meeting with client next Tuesday will get some pics and thx for the input.

Steve
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Good! I look forwards to seeing your pictures. Keep us posted on how it goes.

TBall
12-23-2009, 09:21 AM
This area is about 450 feet long. the small Trees in front of cedars is about where new property line will be

picframer
12-23-2009, 10:32 PM
It seems the trees where the new property line will be is very close to a fence, about the only thing I can suggest is fast growing ever greens, they dampen noise and give privacy.