PDA

View Full Version : The Devil of Snow Removal

CHEESE2009
12-15-2009, 03:48 AM
This link will show you of a new company which had started out in my area this season.

The owner of this company, is the same owner as another company which has been around sense 1997 I believe, somewhere around that year.

The owner has been involved with a lot of things, cocaine trafficking & transporting, etc.

Here is the recent news on his special tactic in order to take over the market in my town.

Believe me when I say that every other snow removal service owner is HAPPY that this may cause him to lose his edge.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091211/mtl_avalanche_091211/20091211/?hub=MontrealHome

I'm wondering if Justin knows this company?

Slyjack Snow Removal & Avalanche Snow Removal, same owner - same city.

When they say six of their tractors had broken down. They actually mean, "all of our guys quit".

My friend worked for them as we were both trying to find tractor work, he told me the details.

Apparently most people quit during the storm, though the situation is worse than that.

Very VERY interesting read. Watch the video on the right, and feel free to do your own research. There is tons of news on this & past problems with Syljack.

http://www.westislandchronicle.com/article-224061-Cocaine-crackdown-in-your-corner.html

CHEESE2009
12-15-2009, 04:17 AM
My aunt owns a Snow Removal company, & so does her daughters (my cousin) boyfriend.

My aunts car was stolen right before her eyes, she called my cousin to let her know.

My cousin & her boyfriend found the car driving, but they could not catch up to it, (they had permission to crush the car).

So eventually they caught the little prick, & to make matters worse.

The crook is my cousins boyfriend's customer.

SO VERY VERY STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao.

10 points for crushing a car with a tractor! I wish it happened!!!

picframer
12-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Personally I see this as a tremendous, time limited opportunity to take advantage.

Since your other post says you are back in the business, do a quick flyer, go to the west end and put one on every friggin door of a concentrated area, don't mention the other company, do say something along the lines

"Our Company sympathizes with customers not receiving snow removal in a timely fashion, our company has a long outstanding reputation of not only being on time, meeting or beating your expectations"

Even if you have to buy a couple of snow blowers for goodness sake, if you can pick up five or six per street and you do good work, guess what, spring is coming and there are a host of services they will need you can do, get out there and her her done:)

I laughed when I saw the image, the tractor in that image is a 2009 Deere 5065SE, the chances of hell freezing over are better than that tractor not starting.

You mention tractors are they running plows on the front and blowers on the back? They must be, that series of tractor has a pretty high top speed, can run up to a 8' Blower and blow snow 60 feet easy, they use them here at the airport, they have 20 foot wide plows made by Horst in Ontario.....how do I know this..?? I did a demo for Deere last year, I played with 45cm of snow with this unit, the 5000 series is insane with wicked sound systems and factory GPS, the home office can track where every machine was, for how long and is, send an SMS as to where to go next, it's pretty crazy.

CHEESE2009
12-15-2009, 07:13 AM
I love your plan.

I need to figure out a way to market to the Avalanche customers. They still have the pickets at the end of their driveways & such.

I wonder what kind of letter I should write. Damn.

I've been up all night thinking about this.

picframer
12-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I love your plan.

I need to figure out a way to market to the Avalanche customers. They still have the pickets at the end of their driveways & such.

I wonder what kind of letter I should write. Damn.

I've been up all night thinking about this.

Short simple and to the point:

You emphasise with a situation they may be in wanting prompt service, Your company offers prompt service.

Keep the flyer short and sweet but the clock is ticking as I bet the competition is already getting in there.

justin_time
12-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm wondering if Justin knows this company?

Slyjack Snow Removal & Avalanche Snow Removal, same owner - same city.

Nope, never heard of them before, they aren't in my neck of the woods, maybe it's a good thing haha

Steve
12-16-2009, 03:27 AM
It makes you wonder if you can contact the media and offer to all the previous avalanche customers a free snow plowing.

Maybe take the angle of, you are sorry this company is giving all other snow plowing services a black eye. You want to help make things right and are willing to help.

Just present you proof they were a customer of that company and the next time it snows, you will will plow them for free. Then once you are there you get a chance to sign them up for further snow plowing.

This is something the media might pick up on and help promote. Then you get an opportunity to find out who the effected customers are and you can then market to them.

What's your take on that?

picframer
12-16-2009, 06:34 AM
It makes you wonder if you can contact the media and offer to all the previous avalanche customers a free snow plowing.

Maybe take the angle of, you are sorry this company is giving all other snow plowing services a black eye. You want to help make things right and are willing to help.

Just present you proof they were a customer of that company and the next time it snows, you will will plow them for free. Then once you are there you get a chance to sign them up for further snow plowing.

This is something the media might pick up on and help promote. Then you get an opportunity to find out who the effected customers are and you can then market to them.

What's your take on that?

What if they have 500, 1,000 or 1,500 customers, you would be shooting yourself in the foot, if they have six tractors and I suspect a few trucks, offering a free plow in the city the size you would be shooting yourself in the foot for the size of the operation Breeze has. If I were in his shoes, although I sub out 97% of our plowing, I would target their areas and as he posted he knows where they are as the company in question has lawn signs.

Steve
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
That is a very good point.

Scott what's your view on all this? What's the plan? :)

SuperiorPower
12-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I agree with Andy in every thing he said. The only way that I would do what Steve suggested about contacting the media is first getting an idea about how many drives I could handle and then say "the first XX number of customers to contact me".

But I tend to think that I would try to not paint the other company dirty. Kind of like politics. Don't play dirty politics. Keep your campaign clean and positive. None of the "they are this and that" but all of "I will do this". And then doing what you said you would do.

Good luck,
Eli