PDA

View Full Version : Just some Pics from Fall Clean Ups

majoe7
12-13-2009, 11:35 AM
These are some before and after pics of some fall c/ups I have just done, nothing spectacular but I am proud of my work. The pics of the hedges, I take pride in, anyone and everyone can do this type of work and look just as good. I also shaped tower or many tier levels, but this is a simple hedge shape.

There is great money in clean up jobs, it is effortless and you work at your own pace. Once you start the job and neighbors start noticing your work and quality, more jobs follow. One job landed me 6 more jobs, from sod install, shrub/tree pruning, garden clean outs and a ton of mulch jobs. Folks want their homes to look there best for the holidays.

John

CHEESE2009
12-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow!

Those are some great shots! Amazing work John!

You must have some really happy customers!

SuperiorPower
12-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Those are some nice homes, but the homes would not be nearly as nice without the beautiful lawns! That is awesome!

Steve
12-13-2009, 10:57 PM
It's fascinating how these palms grow and then next thing you know it, you are living in a rain forest. Some trimming can really help open the area up. I like it a lot. Was this something the customer asked you to do or did you suggest this? I could see a customer overtime not realize how overgrown the property is becoming.

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1936&d=1260721747

majoe7
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Was this something the customer asked you to do or did you suggest this? I could see a customer overtime not realize how overgrown the property is becoming.

Steve,

This particular client I maintain the shrubs/bushes and palms every 3 months. He is a business owner which suffered greatly this past year, so he asked me if I could maintain the area every 6 months and in between he would tend to it. Well as you see he didn't have enough time in a day to keep it up. We are back to the monthly and quarterly maintenance. His business is getting back to normal and generating a profit now. When I have a client whose appearance of the landscape get way out of hand I do charge a premium to get it back in shape and back to having Great curb appeal.

I do make suggestion to all of my clients when the need is warranted to some maintenance on the landscape. Funny, I tend to get many calls around the holiday season though. Half of my clients are with monthly lawn and landscape agreements. If you only offer the basic mow, edge, trim and blow for x amount of money, you need to have add onís. It may be what I do with the shrubs/bushes and palms or weeding, ect., but you need to look at the whole house and see what other services you can offer to generate more money and income for you and your business.

John

Steve
12-15-2009, 03:17 AM
Funny, I tend to get many calls around the holiday season though.

Why do you think that is the case?

Half of my clients are with monthly lawn and landscape agreements. If you only offer the basic mow, edge, trim and blow for x amount of money, you need to have add onís. It may be what I do with the shrubs/bushes and palms or weeding, ect., but you need to look at the whole house and see what other services you can offer to generate more money and income for you and your business.

Do you mean that half of your clients are signed up with you on contracts or do you mean you pick up clients who have signed up with other lawn care companys on contracts that don't offer these additional services.

Also, what's your view on how you get a customer to sign up for these add ons? If say for instance they have a lot of plants in their yard that grow each year, should maintaining them be included in the contract or is it better to keep the contract priced cheaply and then offer the upsells as needed?