PDA

View Full Version : Spring Season... too early?

devuono311
12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I live in Michigan do you feel it is too early to approach people / possible customers to talk with them regarding the upcoming spring lawn care season? I'm pondering the idea of trying to sign on a couple small real estate businesses in the area regarding property maintenance for their listed real estate. I figure if I can get them to pay me to upkeep the lawn, maybe it'll even help them sell the homes? Both sides win right?

The Cleaning Doctor
12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
My opinion as a NON lawn guy..

Enjoy the rest of your year OR clear snow and get in with these companies NOW! You see right now everyone is concentrating on Christmas and not worried about their lawns. If it were me and I am kind of in the same situation being that it is getting too cold to clean effectively. I am going to wait until the end of February and start my contacts because by the end of March things will be warm enough to clean every day. I am starting some other advertising NOW that is passive(Thanks Artie). Need to keep my name in front of them.

Steve
12-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I am starting some other advertising NOW that is passive

What kind of passive advertising do you suggest using now?

The Cleaning Doctor
12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Remember Arties napkin dispensers?

Steve
12-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh are you experimenting with them? What have you thought of that so far?

Are there other services that a power washing company can offer in the colder months to keep working? Maybe things like commercial kitchen cleaning or stuff like that?