PDA

View Full Version : Snow Plow Trouble's

Dumore Landscape
12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Well this morning I was plowing and the pump got snow. It would raise fast. Lower normal. angle Left a bit slow. and right was way slow. I couldn't figure it out I have plenty of fluid. I was wondering if it was air in the rams. Could that be possible?

Steve
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
I was wondering if it was air in the rams. Could that be possible?

Sure! Or could it be low on fluid? Did you take it off yet and look at it?

picframer
12-10-2009, 05:33 AM
Well this morning I was plowing and the pump got snow. It would raise fast. Lower normal. angle Left a bit slow. and right was way slow. I couldn't figure it out I have plenty of fluid. I was wondering if it was air in the rams. Could that be possible?

It could be air but I really doubt it.

Disconnect the hoses for the angle and connect them again, I am assuming this is Hydraulic.

It could be your valve, what kind of setup is it, there is something called a regin (spelling?) sometimes they go, this controls your angle from in the vehicle.

Dumore Landscape
12-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Well It has fluid. I had to change the 90 deg elbow a week ago and I sealed it up good but I don't know why it won't angle. I had the plow off today and then reconnected it after i got home from work and It acted the same way. It is a western conventional mount. 90's version. Newer pump had it rebuilt prior to season. I am just puzzled.

Steve
12-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Here is a hydraulic pump diagram. Not exactly like what you are talking about but close enough to help give a visual.

If it were me trying to figure out what is wrong, I would work backwards.

I'd first swap the left and right pistons. If you still get the same issue, you know it's not your pistons then.

Then I would swap the hoses. Maybe there is an issue with a hose, if not work back from there.

Is it the manifold valve?

http://www.ptospecialties.com/images/dump-pump-dcv-pb.jpg

Dumore Landscape
12-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Could It possibaly be fluid? I was told to run ATF in the pump from the manual I got. But My other setup is a meyers and I run the blue fluid in that it is designed for cold weater. I don't see anything on atf being for cold weather.. I mean 20 deg and lower!

Steve
12-13-2009, 09:54 PM
I guess it could be anything but I can't imagine the fluid playing that big of a role.

Can you switch the left and right hoses in the manifold to see if the same problem happens on the opposite side? It might be a good way to check the manifold valve. Otherwise I would then think it might be the hose.

Dumore Landscape
12-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Problem fixed, I took the pump apart last night before it snowed. I cleaned it all out it was black in the bottom of the res. I cleaned the lines out flushed the whole system with kero. and the filter was clogged so I cleaned that too. I put it all back together and added the oil I used last yr from my e 47 with close to the same problems. and it worked. The oil I use is designed for -30 deg weather!

Steve
12-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Great job! I am glad to hear everything is working now!