PDA

View Full Version : Few companies plan to hire in the next 6 months


Steve
12-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Few companies plan to hire in next 6 months, gee, who would have guessed?

Few CEOs plan to hire in next 6 months (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34328111/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/) - More of America's largest companies will shrink their staffs than will hire in the next six months, according to the latest survey of their CEOs. 31 percent predict a decrease in the next six months.

I think everyone would feel a little better if they weren't waiting at the edge of their seats expecting the economy to turn around tomorrow. It's not going to. We still have plenty of bad debt to flush through the system before we can get back to growing.

swstout
12-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Few companies plan to hire in next 6 months, gee, who would have guessed?

Few CEOs plan to hire in next 6 months (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34328111/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/) - More of America's largest companies will shrink their staffs than will hire in the next six months, according to the latest survey of their CEOs. 31 percent predict a decrease in the next six months.

I think everyone would feel a little better if they weren't waiting at the edge of their seats expecting the economy to turn around tomorrow. It's not going to. We still have plenty of bad debt to flush through the system before we can get back to growing.

The government isn't flushing bad debt through the system. They are just adding new debt to it. Yesterday, they increased the national debt limit (how much more debt the governmnet can accrue from $12.1 trillion to $13.6 trillion - an increase of 12.36%.
 
They, on Monday, "discovered" that the TARP Fund was "overfunded" by S200 billion so they will use it for another stimulus package for job creation. Creation of (temporary) infrastructure jobs - government jobs! The problem is that government temporary jobs are never temporary! They always become permanent tax payer funded jobs!
 
66% of all jobs are generated by small business. That leaves 34% for "Big Business (union jobs such as the auto industry", Non-Profit, and government jobs.
 
Few CEOs plan to hire in next 6 months (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34328111/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/). What incentive would they have to do so? What's on their plate? Higher taxes (just Cap and Tax will increase taxes by $250 billion), more requlations, and zero assistance from the government!
 
The governments credit cards are maxed out! Only private sector jobs will solve the problem. It's time for the government to get out of the way and stop adding to the debt.

Steve

turfmaster
12-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Call your senators and bitch about the health care bill and the Cap and trade bill. The Dems are trying to cram their agenda down our throats while they still have the majority. While we sit here in economic peril Obama is in Copanhagan kissing all the European So******ts asses on the global warming c02 bull****.
If you do not agree with the Liberal wacko's agenda NOW MORE THAN EVER WE NEED TO FIGHT THEM FOR OUR FREEDOM'S SAKE!!!!!!!! AND OUR COUNTRIES FUTURE!!!!