12-04-2009, 08:06 PM
New guy, NW Illinois

Remodeling Contractor
Snow Removal

Hello Everyone!

Steve
12-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Welcome to our forum!

That is a great combination of services you offer. Which did you start off with and how did you end up expanding like that?

FastKatt
12-05-2009, 12:31 AM
I've been remodeling since 1989, full time. My Parents owned a remodeling company. I worked part time for almost no pay while I was in school as well. When work got slow they picked up a plow for a work truck & contracted a couple local restaurants & gas stations. Truck & plow paid for itself that winter. they got an other one the next winter. Next thing you know 5 trucks with plows. I learned to plow when I was 16yrs old. I still like it (if you can believe it). I mostly build decks, so my work still slows in the winter.

Steve
12-05-2009, 04:13 AM
How do you market your remodeling business? I figure it's got to be a little tougher than lawn care, where you have weekly customers.

Have you found over time that some things work and some don't? Do you feel any of those marketing ideas would translate to lawn care businesses?

arthur712
12-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi FastKatt,

Welcome to the forum!

SuperiorPower
12-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Welcome FastKatt!!

Look around and ask questions as you need. If you have engine or equipment questions feel free to PM me, post them here on Gopher forum, or post them on my power equipment forum (link below). I will do my best to answer your questions. Chances are I may have already covered some of your questions in the F.A.Q. section on my forum. There are also a bunch of other power equipment topics listed in the other Outdoor Power Equipment sections.

Check it out and enjoy your stay!