PDA

View Full Version : open or enclosed trailer?

carlosbm
12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi guys i was wondering what is the best or what is the difference betwen an open trailer and an enclosed trailer.
I'm looking to buy one but i don't know wich one yet.

thank you

Steve
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi Carlos,

Check out this article on my blog.

http://lawnchat.com/?p=306

jasonw
12-03-2009, 02:47 AM
If you can afford it I would go with enclosed. Mine is opened but that's only because I already had it before starting and figured I would use it. Because of this each day I work I need to load and unload the trailer. Some day I will get an enclosed one that I can just back in the side yard and leave it loaded.

turfmaster
12-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Eventually it is nice to have both. You can't beat an open trailer for cleanups.
I like the enclosed for the traveling bill board, security and it's basically a garage on wheels.
If money is an issue start with the open trailer. :)

picframer
12-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi guys i was wondering what is the best or what is the difference betwen an open trailer and an enclosed trailer.
I'm looking to buy one but i don't know wich one yet.

thank you

It really depends on what you plan to do and the equipment you have, if just lawn mowing then IMHO enclosed but if you are going to get into a host of services then a truck with a cap you can lock and an open trailer, I have both but lawn mowing is a small part of our business, we are more into landscaping and excavation.