PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!!

Daniel H
12-02-2009, 06:21 PM
My name is Daniel Hopson, I currently run a full time pressure washing company.
I have have been in the pressure washing business for the about 10 years, I am thinking about expanding into the lawn care business.
I love the estimators/calculator that is awesome, wish their was one for pressure washing!
http://www.cleanerimagepw.com

The Cleaning Doctor
12-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Welcome Daniel there is a lot more here than just those that can cross over into the pw business.

Steve
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to our forum!

wish their was one for pressure washing!

What would you need it to do?

I checked out your site! You got a lot of content there. How did you hook up with the news spot on tv about you?

Also what was your view on doing radio advertising?

Daniel H
12-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to our forum!

What would you need it to do?

I checked out your site! You got a lot of content there. How did you hook up with the news spot on tv about you?

Also what was your view on doing radio advertising?
I contacted the TV station to see if they do stories on local business's and they told me they was going to start a "small business spotlight" and I would be the first one they call and sure enough 6 months later the phone rang!!
Advertising on the radio isn't all its cracked up to be unless you have a big budget to keep the commercial going for long periods of time..
As far as what I would need the calculator to do I would have to think about it.. but it would be awesome!!! if you have some spare time give me a call I know there are alot of cleaning contractors that would love to have something like that! 423-384-8611 If I dont answer just leave a message and I will get back with you

winkie61
12-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Daniel, I started my lawn business part time in 2007 on the weekends. I left my job as a manager of a pest control company in Apr of this year. My customer base has grown 158%. I've just started doing pressure washing , gutter cleaning and moisture remediation. I'm starting to get some jobs. I only invision it getting better.

Steve
12-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I contacted the TV station to see if they do stories on local business's and they told me they was going to start a "small business spotlight" and I would be the first one they call and sure enough 6 months later the phone rang!!

That is fantastic! Did you find that to have a positive response? Do you think others should be doing this in their area?

Daniel H
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Do I think others should try it in their market? YES! anytime you can get "free" advertising I say go for! my phone rang for days after that clip ran...
I even had a couple people notice me after about two months after it aired!!

Steve
12-03-2009, 04:26 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQ7FLHD7Gs0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQ7FLHD7Gs0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

That is amazing!

Why do you think there is such a difference in response between radio and tv? Does it just come down to more people watch tv than listen to radio?

Have you considered doing any tv ads? Or do you think the power of it was that you were in the news?

Daniel H
12-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Steve, I am planning on doing a TV com. this spring..
I ran a promotion with a local radio station, where we gave away 8 Free house washes to local military families.. the promotion was worth over $11,000 in air time.. ran 4 times a day between 2 radio stations plus a banner on their internet site... here is why I am not sure radio works, we almost didnt even have enough people sign up to give all 8 house washes away!!!
In my opinion in today's busy fast pace world radio is falling behind, simply because radio is theater for the mind, people like instant gratification, thinking about what a house would look like clean is NOT like seeing it..
I think hearing Hadrees commercial about 1/2 pound juicy hamburger is totally different then trying to sell a house wash. Because we all have to eat and all have eaten and seen a juicy hamburger so in our mind we can see it.
So that being said some commercials work well with radio and some dont.
as far as mowing and landscaping goes I think it would work! because every home owner could visualize coming home to freshly manicured lawn and their new "rock garden" with a waterfall as the center piece
See the difference?

Steve
12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh yeah that makes sense.

You are selling a cleaning service. To sell this you want to show the viewer a before and after because that is what it is all about.

I am surprised when they did this tv special on you, their sales staff didn't walk right up to you and try to get you to place ads right now.

But I guess Spring time would be the most effective time to advertise cleaning services to homeowners?

arthur712
12-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the GH forum!

SuperiorPower
12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome Daniel!

Look around and ask questions as you need. If you have engine or equipment questions feel free to post them here on Gopher forum, or post them on my power equipment forum (link below). I will do my best to answer your questions. Chances are I may have already covered some of your questions in the F.A.Q. section on my forum. There are also a bunch of other power equipment topics listed in the other Outdoor Power Equipment sections (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php?action=collapse;c=9;sa=collapse;#9).

Check it out and enjoy your stay!

SuperiorPower
12-05-2009, 07:43 PM
I am amazed at that! I think that is great and they presented you an award of excellence "on air"! You can't beat free advertising. I think this would go for lawn care and other "service" oriented businesses as well.

I think our society is increasingly becoming more and more oriented toward having to see things to understand them. Visual cues are an important part of communication. If you have the chance, use them to your advantage.

Good job!