PDA

View Full Version : Gutter Flier, and Inspection form

Cbrowning1981
11-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Steve,

I just got your new book, extreme lawn care tips...150 pages into it and picking up ideas left and right. I like many other newbies need some work for the fall and early winter months. So in your book I took the gutter idea to the next level. I sat down for an hour and designed these. I looked on your website for a template but couldn't find one. So I thought I should share this with you and other members on the forum. Hopefully this can help other people in my boat. I also had the 10 dollar coupons designed around my company and printed them at kinkos...they cut them to size so they all match pefectly. Looks like big monopoly money. lol I also put a $100 band around them and handed them out to friends and family to help grow my business. Thanks again for the ideas in your book and on the forum.:D

Steve
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh thank you so much!

I just opened your gutter inspection form, how would you use the boxes to the right where it says 1st Story and 2nd Story?

Do you put the notes in there of what you find to present it to the home owner?

What is the best way to utilize a gutter inspection form?

Cbrowning1981
12-01-2009, 08:43 AM
The boxes to the right are to keep track of the measurements. The 1st Floor, and 2nd Floor are seperated considering the difference in price. I broke it down this way to let the customer know how we came to $XX. Just saying "It will cost you $XX without showing the measurements could cause a customer to put their defenses up. The notes is for any damage or repairs that are noticed while doing the inspections. Leaks, loose brackets, etc. The rectangles are used to point out where the damage is located on the 1st or 2nd floor. Just in case after you leave they want to check it for themselves. I just like to add a little extra to prevent any guards being thrown up.

Craig

Steve
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I also had the 10 dollar coupons designed around my company and printed them at kinkos...they cut them to size so they all match pefectly. Looks like big monopoly money. lol I also put a $100 band around them and handed them out to friends and family to help grow my business.

I'd love to see how these turned out. Did you get any positive feedback so far from them?

What have you found to be the best way to sell gutter cleaning? Do you go door to door or do you try and sell the service to your current customer base or what would you suggest?

Cbrowning1981
12-02-2009, 07:33 AM
I am proud to say that I did go D2D, and today I have two gutter cleanings for today... $165, and $105... not to mention the $60 1/2hr mulching, and a light pruning for $75. Its December in Ohio, and I am going to keep pushing for new business. Oh yeah, I got a gutter repair, replacing an end cap and bending out a section for $50...$455 in two days of d2d... I'll take it. Without your book I doubt I would have thought of it. I commented on Amazon.com about the book.

Craig

Steve
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I commented on Amazon.com about the book.

Oh thank you so much!

Oh yeah, I got a gutter repair, replacing an end cap and bending out a section for $50...$455 in two days of d2d... I'll take it.

How many gutter repair services can you offer? What about replacing the wood behind the gutter or even any roof repair? Installing gutter helmets? I bet once you are up there you could find other issues.