PDA

View Full Version : Supporting a charity with your business

Steve
06-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Recently I was at the movies and purchased a ticket. As I was waiting for my change, the ticket operator held my change while he asked if I would like to make a donation to the Will Rogers institute, I think it was.

As I stood there thinking about this, I know nothing about what this organization does. Why would I just want to donate to it?

If the movie theatre wants to donate to the institute, then why don't they donate a certain amount of ever ticket sold?

Is it me or is there a better way of doing this?

Has this ever happened to you? What do you think of it?
Or has your company ever collected money for a charity? If so how did you do it?

tiedeman
06-07-2006, 09:52 AM
About two years ago I stopped donating to local, state, and national charities. They were always calling me, sometimes three times a year asking for donations. I just finally told them, stop calling me I am done. In the local charities always seem to be breathing down my neck to donate; one week it's the local band, the next week its for a library fund (one that I voted "no" on).

So I do not donate at all anymore.

kc2006
06-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Just happend to me friday. I can't even recall what fund it was, but like you said I have no clue about them so why would I just opt to do it. The theatres are getting good money for tickets they could front it.

One of my brothers on the other hand was suckerd in by the cute cashier http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

BSDeality
06-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I only support the American Cancer Society; I hit up my customers for donations and most give something, even if its only $10 it helps out big time. Last year we raised around $3500. I'm hoping we can do it again or bettter this year. In a few short weeks I will be walking with my teammates in a Relay for Life. We "do it" for my friend who was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer @ age 22. He is 364 days older than I and I cannot immagine the way this has changed his life. He is post treatment now and on the way to healthy life (so far).

The entire relay teams have raised almost $51K so far. Here is a link if you would care to donate it would be appreciated very much. My Relay For Life Donation Page. (https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=146972&lis=1&kntae146972=FE7C759520F54EFAB59E1710D81F249B&supId=128809576)

Thank you.
Matt.