PDA

View Full Version : New member

Munoz Landscaping, Inc.
11-29-2009, 01:30 PM
My Name is Juan Munoz

I have been incorporated since 2006 and been doing lawn maintenance and landscaping since high school

I am 23 yrs old and business has been good

This will also be m second season snow plowing, now with 2 trucks

I now have 5 commercial snow contracts, almost 200 residential mowing contracts, and only a few commercial mowing contracts.(need more)

Hope i said enough to introduce myself

Steve
11-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi Juan,

Welcome to our forum!

You sound like you are doing great!

What advice do you have for others just getting started when it comes to marketing? What should they be doing or shouldn't they? Any suggestions?

Munoz Landscaping, Inc.
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
well i believe my situation is unique.
in high school i was doing work on the weekends and after school for my teachers and school staff.
other people in their neighborhoods wood see my doing work and they would ask me to do wok for them.
when i graduated in 2004 i had enough work to keep in it.
for me word of mouth was my advertising i really never invested in advertising besides business cards and a few vehicle decals. thats it.
i once tried the yellow pages and they worked. but i pulled my ad because i was overwhelmed with work and with my inexperience didnt no how to handle it.
but that put me where i am now. stable and ready to expand.

Steve
11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
That is fantastic!

What kinds of things are you looking forwards to doing as you expand?

Munoz Landscaping, Inc.
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
well for the 2010 season i am planing on adding a 3rd truck and crew.
tis snow season i added my 2nd snow plow.
I really need to invest in my infrastructure.
I need a really good software to run everything.
this year i have been looking to expand into a lot or garage or office type.
i currently work out of an at home office which is on the 2nd floor of my house.
i am lucky my property has a triple lot were i keep all my equipment but i am outgrowing it. my employees meet up outside my house and get sent out from my house, which my wife really doesnt like and i dont blame her.

Steve
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
A lot of members really seem to find it to be difficult going from one truck to two trucks where you can't be everywhere at once.

Have you found this step to be difficult? Any advice as how to overcome that difficult jump for those who are concerned with it?

Munoz Landscaping, Inc.
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Well at first it is. Because from goin to doing most of the work yourself and making sure everything is done right to having someone else do the work for you is difficult, you just have to trust your workers and make sure that they like what they are doin and are happy to work for you, fortunatly I haven't had any problems myself with my second crew nor have I any complaints from customers so that's good. You just can't be everywhere at once and its just how it plays out. If you want to expand and make more money you need more people.

arthur712
11-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Juan!

Steve
11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
If you want to expand and make more money you need more people.

How do you suggest handling estimates? Can your crew give estimates for jobs or do only you do this?

Do you have any employee incentives to get them to want to help sell more services?