PDA

View Full Version : Pool Site Almost Finished

picframer
11-26-2009, 07:39 PM
This is a follow-up to the pool site job, man the 2520 with the box blade and top link plays with these although this one was a challenge as the grade is so steel, we used class A and rented a 3 top vibrator. Glad to finally get the pool area done, drain in and the driveway in, 9o% of this was done with the 2520, what a friggin work horse it is and donít tell my girls, but she is my favourite!

We have so many people walking or driving by asking us to have a look at their place, 9 this week so far yet we are booked into next year now but the weather is holding,

Steve
11-26-2009, 07:46 PM
That looks amazing! The surface looks solid.

What kind of maintenance will be required to care for the driveway? How long do you think it will last for?

picframer
11-26-2009, 08:06 PM
That looks amazing! The surface looks solid.

What kind of maintenance will be required to care for the driveway? How long do you think it will last for?

I dont give a specific time and each are different, this will need grading in three to five years. Up side is I ah the fourth to tackle the job and he said it is the amost amazing he has seen, even I was imprssed with the results and I am very fussy.

Steve
11-26-2009, 08:24 PM
this will need grading in three to five years.

Does it have to be recompacted after being graded?

Also, how does it handle being plowed for snow? Should the plowers handle the driveway differently than asphalt driveway?

picframer
11-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Does it have to be recompacted after being graded?

Also, how does it handle being plowed for snow? Should the plowers handle the driveway differently than asphalt driveway?

Both, we do not plow in this area and plowing could change my grade, this is on solid bedrock, they will pave however there is no guarantee how long it will last.

Steve
11-26-2009, 11:46 PM
How does spreading salt on such a surface effect the life of the surface? Do you make any recommendations on that?

picframer
11-27-2009, 03:21 AM
How does spreading salt on such a surface effect the life of the surface? Do you make any recommendations on that?

It's against the law here to spread salt in a subdivision where people have wells, and 99 percent of the places we work at are on wells. Salt however would have no efect at all on this driveway, it's probably the best one we have done but he is the first to agree to the compactor rental fee, almost $400 a day, 99% we do we have rollers for however it have only done four driveways this steep always hard to tell from an image buy this is a very, very steep grade, we had to roll it with a tractor first then we were able to get the ride on compactor up it, it's that steep.

Steve
11-27-2009, 12:39 PM
It's against the law here to spread salt in a subdivision where people have wells, and 99 percent of the places we work at are on wells

How do you all deal with ice on the roadways then? Do you sand it or just try your best to plow it off?

picframer
11-27-2009, 02:21 PM
How do you all deal with ice on the roadways then? Do you sand it or just try your best to plow it off?

Something called crusher dust, basically a blask sand, the heat from the sun melts the ice, the traction from this stuff blows sand out of the water.