PDA

View Full Version : Vincent's Lawn & Landsculpture

jasonjvincent
11-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey I'm a first timer on the site. -My name is Jason. I live and work in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Tx area. Im working on starting up a landscape company. I had a business back in the late 80's- early 90's. This site is great, and i'm really fired up about gettin back in the groove. I'm also desperately in need of a landscaping trailer ( preferrably 12 ft. with high sides, tool basket, trimmer hangers, and drop ramp). I've looked into getting a brand new one already, but i would prefer to save some cash, if I could find a good used one for sale. If anybody knows of one or could hook me up, that would be sweet.

Thanks, & Glad to be on the site,
Jason Vincent

Steve
11-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you looked on craigslist yet for a trailer? I bet there are a bunch on there.

I had a business back in the late 80's- early 90's.
What did you think of that experience? What do you think you learned from it and why did you stop?

jasonjvincent
11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you looked on craigslist yet for a trailer? I bet there are a bunch on there.

What did you think of that experience? What do you think you learned from it and why did you stop?

Thanks Steve,

I've checked locally on craigslist. I'll check further out of my area today.

I really enjoyed my first business, and learned quite a bit. I forgot to mention, it was actually a partnership. Long story short, my partner got into an ugly divorce which resulted in selling off his part of the overhead, equipment etc, not to mention his divorce ended our long friendship for very personal reasons.
That was the beginning of my electrical career. I'm now a licensed journeyman electrician (soon to be a master electrician). Nevertheless, I'm tired of making $30 per/hr. and the overhead on starting my own electrical business, along with the current economy. I'm EXTREMELY EXCITED! to get back in the landscaping business. This time as a much wiser sole proprietor.

Steve
11-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Oh very interesting!

Do you feel you could combine the two somehow? Maybe with outdoor landscape lighting or something like that?

How are you planning to make your business stand out?

arthur712
11-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason!

winkie61
12-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi, I just wanted to say welcome back to the business and I like your last name Vincent, because my name is Vincent Jones and I have my own lawn and landscape business in Fayetteville, NC