PDA

View Full Version : Hey Boys

soloplow
11-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Guys im new to the forum. starting up my own plowing busisness still in highschool. a local contractor went outa buisness and i seen to oportunity to make money. they had over 1.2 million dollars in accounts that everyone is scattering to pick up. i have a ford ranger now and would liek to outfit that wiht a light plow although the air damn could use major revamping and that not what i want to spend my free time doing. All in all i hear rangers are nice little plow trucks alhtough the transmissions dont hold up. leading me to the process of buying a new truck hopefully already set wiht a plow. if i had to keep the ranger what would you guys recomend for a plow, preferable hydrolic chain support lift not a cheap snowbear. give me our input on what you guys think. Cant wait to hear your positive thoughts and constructive criticism. Thanks Guys.

Steve
11-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Welcome to our forum!

In an earlier post, we were talking about smaller trucks and what kinds of plows they should use.

One member talked about the benefits of a plow that has downward pressure.

Like this:
http://www.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/downpressure

What kinds of things are you doing to promote your new business?

arthur712
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Welcome and Happy Turkey Day!!

soloplow
11-25-2009, 07:09 PM
right now to get contracts signed im looking at who may not be recieving there plowing this winter due to there contractor going under. We also do own a mowing bussiness and run a three mower crew and do aproximantly 46 lawns a week on the side, not as a primary sorce of income. Me my dad and uncle run the bussiness as a sorce of payment to take care of toys such as snowmobile four wheelers, boats and cabins. Upon mowing we snow blow about 26 drivwasy of those customers we mow. my uncle is sick of being out working in the cold and using the time when he has two boys in hockey. he will be loaning those job sites over to me. Looking for a succesful winter. I find plowing to be enjoyable with my grampa when he gets up early morning 3.30 4 am to plow driveways after a winter storm. thannks for the warm welcome and insider to the site. Have an enjoyable evening and once agian thanks for your time.

Steve
11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
not as a primary sorce of income. Me my dad and uncle run the bussiness as a sorce of payment to take care of toys such as snowmobile four wheelers, boats and cabins.

I love it!

You gotta show us some pics of the cabin or the four wheelers or some of the toys!

That is great!

soloplow
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I love it!

You gotta show us some pics of the cabin or the four wheelers or some of the toys!

That is great!

10-4 boss. will do. i gather some up and post them. Is there a good spot in the forum for that?

Steve
11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Is there a good spot in the forum for that?

Right here would be fantastic! I bet you guys have a lot of fun.

TeamDynamic
11-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum! If your looking to get into commercial accounts you might want to think upgrading to a 3/4 ton truck or larger. When I first started with snow removal I only had an s-10. I towed a trailer with a 2-stage snow blower and a quad with a plow. I was limited to residential accounts till I could afford a larger truck. There is a lot of money to be made in residential accounts due to the fact that most big snow companies won't go near them. Plus getting new residential snow accounts helps set you up for lawn accounts in the spring.