PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tennessee

The Cleaning Doctor
11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi all. Pat here from Clarksville, TN. I own a exterior cleaning business that I started in April and I have found that many ideas can cross many different industries. I would love to network with some lawncare guys in my area.

Steve
11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Pat,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of services do you provide? And where did the idea come from to start your business?

arthur712
11-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Pat, Welcome to the G Forum!

It is great to see you made it over here, Like I said this one of the Best Forums.

Steve, is just so helpful!!

Thanks!
Artie

The Cleaning Doctor
11-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I was basically laid off and I hate handouts. I filed for unemployment but have yet to collect any of it.

I was researching what to do and I was thinking about hood cleaning and decided I didn't have the funds for the equipment. I found and learned roof cleaning and here I am. I told my wife I was going to find something dirty and have someone pay me to clean it.

As far as services there are many. If it is dirty I clean it. I have done everything from fences and decks to concrete and carnival rides.

Steve
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
What was your view on offering cleaning services vs. lawn care and landscaping?

Did you consider those too? If so what did you feel were the pros and cons of them?

The Cleaning Doctor
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I had $1200 in which to start up with so that pushed me into the roof cleaning. I currently sub out the lawn care I get. I do have my eye on a used bush hog with a 52" deck though for about 2k. Currently the cleaning keeps me busy but when I start adding employees I can add more services. Here every time you round a corner you see a lawn care but very few cleaning pros in my area. I have learned a lot over the last few months and calls are now starting to pick up.

For instance I just had a home owner out of state call me to clean his deck in preparation for sale. By the time I was done I had washed the house cleaned the gutters and pressure washed the driveway and sidewalk. Then I redid some landscaping that was looking bad. Now when the renter moves out he will probably call me to prep the interior.

I do alot of prep work for house flippers. Anything to keep the checks coming in.

Steve
11-22-2009, 04:51 PM
I do alot of prep work for house flippers. Anything to keep the checks coming in.

What do you feel are the top 5 cleaning services the house flippers look for?

The Cleaning Doctor
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
What do you feel are the top 5 cleaning services the house flippers look for?

So far it is house washing and gutter cleaning followed by trash outs and then just general cleaning after it has been rehabbed.

The main guy I work with looks at it like this. If he invests $1 he wants $2 back at the sale. If he doesn't think he can get that he doesn't do it.

Steve
11-23-2009, 12:23 AM
The main guy I work with looks at it like this. If he invests $1 he wants $2 back at the sale. If he doesn't think he can get that he doesn't do it.

What fascinates me about that is, if a house looks dirty and hasn't been kept up, it's gonna look like crap to a potential buyer.

Even a simple cleaning can make a difference of night and day, not only for a house but for anything.

I bet the cleaning brings more than just 2 to 1 on the money spent to do it. Especially on large ticket items like houses.

Mike's Lawn Care
05-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Looks like I'm about an hour and fourty five minutes from you.I'm East of you,in Dekalb county,by Centerhill Lake.If theres ever anything I can help you with,let me know.

Mike
248-939-2022