PDA

View Full Version : Show Off Your Idea!

nozzlehead
11-21-2009, 07:17 PM
We're always thinking to ourselves, "if I had this or that it would make things a lot easier". If you have something you have made to make lawncare easier for you, post some pictures. We're always looking for new ideas! Thanks

Steve
11-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Some of the things I have seen on here that stood out were the use of closet organization items to help you organize an enclosed trailer.

Also, we have seen a custom mower wrench to change the blades of mowers with multiple blades.

Or the double exhaust leaf blower.

What are some of the ones you were thinking of?

nozzlehead
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Most people that work for themselves have a certain amount of "inventiveness" to them. They might have made some kinda carrier on their mower for a certain job they were doing. Someone reading it might think "hey that would work for..." & the idea would help them. Someone else might have came up with a really simple but effictive hold down set up for their mowers. It could be a different way they set up their leaf removal rig. Maybe they did something to their truck that makes this or that easier. It doesn't have to be a brand new idea. Just how they did something, maybe saved some money in the process, to make things easier for themselves or their crews. I'm working on a few ideas over the winter months. If they work well, you guys will be the first to see them.

Steve
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
If they work well, you guys will be the first to see them.

Will these just be home grown ideas to use or will these be turned into products you look forwards to marketing and selling?

nozzlehead
11-27-2009, 12:12 AM
If they work as well as I hope, I would like to market them.

Steve
11-27-2009, 12:52 AM
I can't wait to see what you create!

Mr. Mow
02-20-2010, 12:09 AM
I have a ZTR that has uses left handed blades, it's a 48 Scag Cougar.

Nobody makes high lift blades for them in left handed. So I had a extra set of blades that I took down to my local mower guy machanic and had him weld in a half inch extention to the lip of my regular blades, had him balance them and just made my own custom high lift blades and man do they suck great now!

Sorry, no PICS!

Barry

Steve
02-20-2010, 10:27 AM
What is the benefit of using left handed blades?