PDA

View Full Version : Landscapers Expect Stronger 2010

SuperiorPower
11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Landscapers Expect Stronger 2010

See the article here (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,148.msg301.html#new).

I think its an interesting read.

turfmaster
11-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Landscapers Expect Stronger 2010

See the article here (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,148.msg301.html#new).

I think its an interesting read.

I'm seeing that already for my business next season. :)

Steve
11-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Do you think this is a sign the economy across the board will improve next year or are we looking at another year that will be similar to this one?

picframer
11-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Do you think this is a sign the economy across the board will improve next year or are we looking at another year that will be similar to this one?

It depends on how you define economy, you posted a while back on an article that basically summed it up people have a short memory, the economy in the USA is in serious, serious trouble, the debt is insane howver the scare factor is going and people are starting to spend but the issue has not been resolved.

Steve
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
but the issue has not been resolved.

Do you feel the issue is the average persons ability to save money and not go into debt or is it more the average persons ability to find work?

What would resolve the situation?

picframer
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Do you feel the issue is the average persons ability to save money and not go into debt or is it more the average persons ability to find work?

What would resolve the situation?

The issue is serious and I don't want to get into the political side which has cost your country billions and you as the tax payer are paying for decisions made that were not informed decisions.

Then some of the biggest manufacturers in the states have exported the vast majority of their work to Mexica and Asia, driven by customers that want the best deal at the cheapest price.

Oil/Fuel consumption is a serious issue and has to be addressed.

Basically the majorty of the population is living on borrowed money and the stats prove that.

I think what needs to be done, each a step back and look at how to fix each aream forget the politics of who it might be upset, step up to the plate and make the decisions, I find it staggering how Bush has placed the country on near bankruptcy, if the USA were any other country, with the debt they owe, they would be bankrupt, that is the bottom line.

Steve
11-22-2009, 06:50 PM
As we previously talked about, I am happy to see that there is an electric car company about to go public. I tend to feel that we can innovate ourselves out of a mess.

If electric cars are going to be the next big thing, lets open the flood gates on it and go full bore into that area.

We need to keep exploring and keep innovating.

When we hold on to old technologies and business models too long they simply implode.

picframer
11-22-2009, 08:05 PM
As we previously talked about, I am happy to see that there is an electric car company about to go public. I tend to feel that we can innovate ourselves out of a mess.

If electric cars are going to be the next big thing, lets open the flood gates on it and go full bore into that area.

We need to keep exploring and keep innovating.

When we hold on to old technologies and business models too long they simply implode.

True, Bio Diesel will blow electric cars out of the water in the big picture, I run Bio Diesel in my Jetta, all three excatavors and all five tractors, no issues at all...basically where I live fish oil.

The issue I have with electric cars is how is the electricity created, if battery powered what is the life of the battery and how do you dispose of it etc.

Steve
11-22-2009, 08:30 PM
True, Bio Diesel will blow electric cars out of the water in the big picture, I run Bio Diesel in my Jetta

How many miles to the gallon does the jetta get?

picframer
11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
How many miles to the gallon does the jetta get?

61 highway and 45 in the city, being a diesel maintenance costs are a fraction of a gas or gas/electric.

That's if you drive it normal, my Jetta has 276 pounds of ft torque, it would be like driving a gas engine with around 300 horse power, if you want to use it it's there, but I don't and they are one sharp looking car.

Steve
11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
As an average consumer when it comes to this, it's amazing how I didn't even know that. The gas mileage it gets is incredible!

I wonder why it's not marketed more. I figured a prius would blow the jetta away when it came to gas mileage but it doesn't!

picframer
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
As an average consumer when it comes to this, it's amazing how I didn't even know that. The gas mileage it gets is incredible!

I wonder why it's not marketed more. I figured a prius would blow the jetta away when it came to gas mileage but it doesn't!

Cost...This is a $36,000 car, the Pirus is much less but the customer doesn't educate themself enough, my Jetta will laugh at 300,000 miles, will the Pirus? and my maintenance costs will be a fraction. We need to look at the big pictures and long term, same as setting goals for our business.

My brother inlaw has 475,000 on his, still works like she was new, no issues at all, the Germans, when they make something, they make it damn near perfect.

Plus this thing is loaded, heated seats, wicked sound system and they think of every comfort an owber would want and it's there, I can push a button on the steering wheel and talk to the computer, where is the closest pizza resturant to my location, within 10 seconds it shows me.

turfmaster
11-23-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't understand why bio-deisel is not more popular in the U.S

picframer
11-23-2009, 05:21 AM
I don't understand why bio-deisel is not more popular in the U.S

My personal opinion, your oil companies are too big and far too powerful, they are giants with very deep pockets, we do not have that issue here and the government here is getting pretty strict on vehicle emissions.