PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the state of Delaware

oldmanriver
11-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone, I would like to say that this site is great!
I'm planning on starting my own lawn mowing business in the spring of 2010 and grow over time into a complete lawn care service.
I have 26 years of experiance in the automotive, machine shop and powersports fields, including outdoor power equipment. I got out this aprox. 8years ago to try out the corporate world, boy what a mistake!!! I just wanted to try something new. Building maintenance is what I'm doing in the corporate world.
This is what brings me to starting a mowing business. From the time I was just a kid to the present I've cut lawns, as a kid to make money, and as an adult, to help family and friends. I have to say, its about the only thing that have done that I actually love doing. So why not make money at it?
Yes, I do have some equipment: 5x10 trailer, Toro 48" cut commercial ZTR, 2-21" Honda mowers, Echo blower, weedwacker and edger which I own for personal use.
The best to everyone,
oldmanriver

Steve
11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Did you ever consider starting up an outdoor power equipment repair store? Or offering the service to others in your area?

Or did you just get burned out on all that?

arthur712
11-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Welome to the forum Oldmanriver!

oldmanriver
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
I want to thankyou Steve and Artie for the welcome!

Steve as far as a repair shop, I've considered this but the costs at this time are to high and not to mention I'm alittle burn't out.

oldmanriver

Steve
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Steve as far as a repair shop, I've considered this but the costs at this time are to high and not to mention I'm alittle burn't out.

I've seen others do this out of their garage and then build it up to the point they needed a store front. Maybe you could do that too if you wanted.

TeamDynamic
11-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi everyone, I would like to say that this site is great!
I'm planning on starting my own lawn mowing business in the spring of 2010 and grow over time into a complete lawn care service.

The best to everyone,
oldmanriver

Good luck and welcome to the forum